Staff Systems Engineer – Storage Engineering
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
In order for Visa to deliver on the vision of the best way to pay and be paid for everyone, everywhere, the IAAS Systems and Storage & Engineering (ISSE) team – a part of the Operations & Infrastructure organization – must provide best-in-class infrastructure services that are secure, scalable, continuously available, and run on software-defined infrastructures.
- Responsible for the design, implementation, security and availability of Storage, Backups and SAN infrastructure, based on business requirements while adhering to tight operations, security, and procedural models
- Responsible for complex provisioning, advanced maintenance, data replication, disaster recovery, data migration and documentation for our Open Systems Storage and Backup environments
- Demonstrate a high level of technical expertise to support complex Storage & Backup devices, including SAN, NAS and Backup solutions across all tiers, under minimal supervision
- Operate in complex, highly-secure, highly-available, operations-centric datacenter environments and interact with other technology domain experts as required, to build and maintain the Open Systems Storage and Backups solutions in those datacenter environments
- Function as the Storage lead on key infrastructure projects and initiatives
- Write technical design and build documentation for storage infrastructure
- Develop ITIL procedures, technology strategy, engineering standards, methodologies, task-plans and best practices for Storage Engineering
- Work with other Engineering disciplines to develop Reference Architectures and technology standards based on Infrastructure Building Blocks, that can be offered as services to our internal customers
- Mentor junior team members
- Participate in “On-call” support rotation
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field is preferred
- Five or more years of solid experience working in SAN/Storage/Backup Administration
- Experience working in large, complex, enterprise datacenter environments
- Expert knowledge in designing, deploying and supporting Open Systems, Enterprise SAN, NAS and Backup solutions in a private cloud model
- Extensive storage networking background is preferred
- Strong knowledge of OS fundamentals for UNIX, Linux and/or Microsoft platforms
- Strong knowledge of virtualization technologies and products from VMware, RedHat or Microsoft
- Strong knowledge of blade system architectures (HP, Cisco, IBM or Dell)
- Hands-on experience with EMC and/or HDS Enterprise and Midrange storage arrays
- Hands-on experience with Brocade and/or Cisco SAN Switches and Routers
- Hands-on experience with Isilon and/or NetApp NAS storage arrays
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.