Senior Director, Corporate Strategy - Asia Pacific
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Senior Director will be a member of Visa's Strategy Team, which is responsible for development of regional and market-specific strategy efforts. As a strategist, the individual will work with and support key areas of the business – both across functions and geographies – in conducting analysis to support development of strategies in alignment with the regional and global priorities. This role will also support regional business planning needs, monitoring of competitive developments across the region / globally, and development of timely response to emerging trends and opportunities across AP. The position will be based in Singapore with some travel expected.
What a Senior Director of Corporate Strategy does at Visa:
This Senior Director role in the AP Strategy Team supports the AP Regional Head of Strategy in the formulation, analytical review, preparation and communication of the AP strategy and associated Sub Regional and Market Strategy plans. A typical effort may entail working closely with senior stakeholders to understand and logically structure the problem, develop hypothesis, work with cross-functional teams to validate the hypothesis, develop strategy to address the problem, and develop recommendations and execution plan to present to the AP Regional President and the leadership team. The Senior Director is expected to lead end-to-end strategy efforts independently or with a small team of analysts depending on the scope and complexity of the effort. The strategy efforts can range from developing country strategies to developing multi-year plans for the region, addressing emerging competitive and economic model issues, managing commercial response to regulatory changes, developing go-to-market plans for new solutions, and supporting strategic investment assessments.
Why this is important to Visa
The AP Corporate Strategy team is responsible for helping the senior leadership team in setting the strategic agenda for Visa in AP in close alignment with the Global Corporate Strategy. In close alignment with the regional and global leadership team, you will be instrumental in defining, planning and executing long-term strategic priorities that will set Visa (encompassing all our segments, channels and geographies) on a path to create even greater value for Visa’s shareholders.
- 15+ years of experience in leading strategy projects at a Management Consulting firm or in a Corporate Strategy group in a multinational environment
- Payment industry experience would be an advantage
- Pro-active and effective communicator, experienced in presenting information to all levels and with ability to facilitate group discussions and debate
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams and proven experience of project management
- Bachelor degree preferably with in Economics, Statistics, Business or similar
- Strong interpersonal and execution skills
- Strong analytical and strategic acumen
- Excellent presentation and verbal and written communication skills
- Able to manage work in different time zones effectively
- Ability to be recognized as thought leader
- Ability to influence the organization in order to make strategy happen
- Professional, confident and outgoing with the ability to maintain good communication with wide internal and external audiences.
- Team player possessing a strong drive to add value to the business direction
- Analytical and strategic acumen
- Strong knowledge of payment network industry
- Highly numerate with attention to detail and ability to structure and analyze databases and strong knowledge of financial modelling, scenario-building and analysis
- Broad understanding / experience in payment cards and financial services a plus
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!