Senior Director, Head of Sales - Vietnam & Laos
- Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Visa team of Vietnam & Laos comprises of a highly motivated bunch of problem solvers who create impactful experiences for our clients. Here at Visa, we strive to excel with our partners via strong collaboration, we look to enable and inspire all players in the ecosystem to drive electronification of payments in the two markets.
What a Head of Sales does at Visa:
This role is the Lead of the Sales team responsible for the business leadership of a Visa’s clients and partners through relationship management and sales disciplines. Your extensive knowledge of payments combined with a passion for digital innovations, strong communication and influencing skills will ensure strong revenue and profitability growth for Visa and our client.
- Leads prospecting and client management efforts for Visa
- Crafts local market strategy and executes accordingly to accelerate payment volumes growth with clients, often across cross-functional teams
- Identifies and prioritizes new business opportunities in market
- Builds strong understanding of local market context of payments, banking and financial services, retail and other key industries that impact Visa’s Business
- Manages the annual planning cycle to ensure the team is focused on the highest priority objectives
- Mentors and coaches a team in a positive and collaborative environment
Why this is important to Visa
As the electronic payments industry continues to evolve, Visa must have a strong understanding of client needs to be able to respond quickly with the right solutions and capabilities. This person plays a critical role in delivering Visa’s services to clients, ultimately responsible for all client relationships in Vietnam & Laos. This person will manage and mentor our in-market team to meet client needs by bringing the best of Visa locally, regionally and globally.
The Head of Sales must be able to set a strategic vision and expertly translate strategy to execution, build high quality relationships with all key stakeholders and collaborate to build support of cross-functional teams.
What you will need:
- 15+ years of proven sales and relationship management, with expertise in payments / financial services industry
- Strong track record of client service, strategy development and execution
- Strong management skills and ability to lead a team within a matrixed management organization.
- Proven ability to run, grow and protect the franchise collaboratively across functions and geographies.
- Ability to adapt to market needs and lead change management in an evolving environment.
- Cultural sensitivity and global mind set.
- Ability to lead and coach the team in developing strong pitching proposals/presentation and drive the effective dialog with clients for Wins.
- Strong discipline and ability to lead the sales team and monitor cross-functional collaboration for effective execution.
- Strong track record of people management and team talent growth.
What will also help:
- Digital curiosity; you stay current and up to date with the latest innovation and digital trends
- Consistently search for innovative, more efficient ways to work and make incremental improvements to existing processes or ways of doing business
- Actively promote an environment of inclusion and diversity
- Ability to deal with ambiguous situations when making decisions or operating in high pressure, time bound situations
- Demonstrate energy and positive response when tackling challenging problems and view complicated tasks as engaging or motivating
Projects you will be a part of:
- Building the payments ecosystem in Vietnam & Laos through a diverse set of partners and clients – financial institutions, merchants, fintechs, government agencies, NGOs and other stakeholders
- Expanding the Visa franchise in Vietnam & Laos