Senior Systems Engineer- BMC Control-M
- Basingstoke, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Senior Systems Engineer, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
The Workload Automation and Integration group is responsible for engineering and support of the IT infrastructure for Visa Inc. and VisaNet via vendor tools and homegrown utilities. This Staff Systems Engineer role is an individual contributor role responsible for identifying and resolving issues of moderate complexity. This position is at an intermediate professional level and requires strong execution and analytical abilities. This role works independently and receives minimal guidance.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Support of Workload Automation Tools
- Excellent Problem Determination skills
- Provide 24X7 production support of Visa operations. Requires on-call rotational support for geographically dispersed data centers
- Manage workload and escalate to manager, as needed
- Work with other support, development, and user groups to manage requests from the perspective of automation and BRP failover design and functionality
- Work with vendors on software issues and problems as needed
- Basic use of documentation tools, such as Microsoft Project, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Power Point
- Ability to work with management and users from all levels of knowledge and expertise
Thinking about careers differently...
At Visa, we are passionate to offer our employees compelling career growth opportunities. As such, even if you do not have experience of this function there could be skills or experiences, which would transfer well. For this role, the key skills required are:
- Mid-level experience administration (Install, configure, customise, upgrade and maintain) of at least one of the following workload automation tools in a distributed systems environment:
- BMC Control-M
- Broadcom Automic
- Broadcom ESP dSeries
- Excellent problem diagnosis and resolution skills in a business critical 24 x 7 Service Support environment
- Strong communication skills with ability to liaise with management and users from all levels of knowledge and expertise
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Mid-level experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least mid-level experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or General experience with a PhD degree or equivalent
- Working knowledge of more than one of the above products
- File Transfer experience, preferably with one of more of the following:
- IBM Sterling File Gateway / B2B
- Control-M MFT Enterprise (B2B)
- Automic Managed File Transfer
- Working knowledge of API’s and working with JSON
- Previous involvement in batch migrations and conversions
- Working knowledge of all flavours of Unix & Windows
- Experience with CA Workload Automation ESP on mainframe
- Installation and configuration of additional Control-M components: SLA Manager, Self Service, Workload Archiver, Workload Change Manager, Automation API and Application Integrator
- Ability to solicit Workload Automation options to end users
- Project management skills
- TSO/Mainframe experience
This position requires the incumbent to travel up to 10% of the time.
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.