Compliance Officer (Maternity Cover) - Visa Payments Limited
- London, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa Payments Limited, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa Payments Limited respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa Payments Limited as a Compliance Officer, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa Payments Limited a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
Visa Payments Limited is a UK subsidiary within the Visa Group and we have an opportunity for a Compliance Officer to join our Due Diligence team to cover maternity leave during an exciting time of significant business change.
The purpose of the Compliance Function is to assist senior management to effectively manage designated risks, and to support the business by being an expert trusted advisor, overseeing a robust, integrated and effective risk control framework.
Compliance has a remit to develop, implement, oversee and report on a compliance-risk control framework, working closely with the Visa Payments Risk Committee and Visa Payments Board.
What we expect of you, day to day.
The compliance-risk control framework includes financial crime compliance and regulatory compliance. Financial crime focus is on Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Counter Terrorist Financing (CTF), Sanctions & Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC), and on the associated Know Your Customer (KYC) and Know Your Customer’s Business (KYC/B) & Counterparty Due Diligence (CDD) obligations; including primarily but not limited to: -
- On-boarding counterparty due diligence
- Transactional monitoring
- Sanctions screening
- Suspicious activity identification, monitoring and reporting
- Facilitating client & partner (supplier) diligence; on-boarding and relationship risk management processes, particularly in collection and analysis of due diligence for counterparty verification (i.e. KYC/CDD).
- Conducting and/or overseeing compliance reviews and audits including KYC refreshes on counterparties and partners.
- Ensuring clients are within legal and risk parameters and not undertaking Money Laundering or criminal activities.
- Identifying, managing & escalating suspected and actual money laundering, sanctions breaches and fraud cases.
- Ensuring the compliance control framework remains aligned with external legislation.
- Undertake detailed resolution work regarding compliance issues, queries and concerns raised internally.
- Promoting and providing advice on best compliance practice within critical business areas.
- Ability to deal with a diverse range of tasks, requiring stakeholder management while meeting deadlines.
- Under the direction and supervision of the Diligence Manager, engage with law-enforcement, NCA, and Regulators including the FCA, HMRC and OFAC as/if appropriate.
- Keep up to date with compliance legislation and regulation, in particular, the 4th, 5th & 6th EU Anti-Money Laundering Directive and the Second Payment Services Directive.
- Undertake assigned Compliance project work ad-hoc (e.g. Fraud, monitoring, screening).
- Develop an understanding of Visa Payments Limited’s business operations, payment processes and systems.
- Exemplify the company’s leadership values and promote them in all areas of the role, within and outside the function:
- We Lead by Example
- We Communicate Openly
- We Enable and Inspire
- We Excel with Partners
- We Act Decisively
- We Collaborate
Thinking about careers differently...
At Visa, we are passionate to offer our employees compelling career growth opportunities. As such, even if you do not have experience of this function there could be skills or experiences, which would transfer well. For this role, the key skills required are:
- Ideally educated to degree level and/or related professional qualifications (e.g. International Compliance Association Certificates and/or Diplomas) or equivalent
- Experience in a related environment (payments/FX industry, compliance, regulation, enforcement)
- Experience of conducting due diligence on corporate entities would be essential, financial institutions would be a plus
- Understanding of tools and systems used within compliance functions, particularly in relation to payment processing
- Proven experience and understanding of assessing risk and identifying mitigation
- Strong communication skills; written and oral
- Significant attention to detail
- Ability to absorb instructions and follow a process
- Team player, courteous and flexible approach
- Ability to think laterally and problem solve, identify risks as well as areas for enhancement
- Self-starter, motivated
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa Payments Limited is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.