Payment Operations Command Centre Manager - Visa Payments Limited
- London, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology? Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world? You will fit right in.
By joining one of our teams at Visa Payments Limited, a division of Visa Inc since 2019, you’ll have an opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Being part of Visa, the world’s leader in digital payments technology, our mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network, enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive.
Visa Payments Limited is a financial technology business that provides cross-border payment processing services to banks and payments businesses across six continents through its global network.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we are proud that we are a talented team of 18,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life both within and outside of the office, and whether it is taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programmes, Visa Payments Limited and Visa Inc. respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone.
If you think you could support the Visa family by joining Visa Payments Limited as a Payment Operations Command Centre Manager, we want to hear from you.
You’re an individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
What’s it all about?
The Payment Operations Command Centre (POCC) is a new team that will provide global 24x5 operational event and alert management for Visa Payments Limited. The POCC manages events relating to transaction acquisition, transaction processing and network partner processing. The focus is on fast response times and initial triage to mitigate service impacting events as soon as possible.
As a member of the POCC, the POCC Manager is a subject matter expert within Payment and Service Operations. They manage a global team of Operations Analysts providing a high level of support to internal teams. They will monitor all aspects of the Visa Payments Limited service providing technical support to assist with the mitigation or elimination of issues which may be impacting the payment ecosystem.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Manage the day-to-day responsibilities of a global team of professionals who provide event and alert management for the Visa Payments Limited service
- Demonstrate technical leadership skills
- Proactively monitor, analyse and resolve events utilizing a variety of application tools and techniques
- Take ownership of events and drive them to resolution in a timely manner as dictated by the impact and severity
- Oversee team workload to ensure all events are prioritized, assigned, resolved or acted on in a timely manner
- Create, monitor and continually improve, documented procedures and tools to mitigate the impact of events on the Visa Payments Limited service
- Identify gaps or improvement opportunities in the end to end monitoring of the service and develop/implement plans to remediate
- Continually assess and refine monitoring thresholds and prioritisation to deliver a more effective monitoring capability
- Represent the POCC on cross functional projects and ensure timely completion of agreed deliverables
- Follow documented support procedures, managing each event through to resolution or escalation in order to maintain established service levels
- Work with Problem Management to identify and fix the root causes of events
- Develop reporting and conduct trend analysis to identify focus areas for continual service improvement
Thinking about careers differently...
For this role, the key skills required are:
- Ideally educated to degree level or hold equivalent professional experience.
- Computing or business-related subjects would be an advantage
- Experience in a service monitoring role
- Experience of creating scripts using Prometheus Query Language (PromQL)
- Experience of working within a payment processing organisation
- Experience of the ITIL Event Management framework
- Experience of leading and coaching remote teams
- Experience of processing systems and services, and their practical application
- Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to achieve results as part of a team
- Ability to effectively prioritise and multi-task under deadlines
- Experience of cross functional working
- Ability to work to deadlines and under pressure
- Strong verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Strong business, problem solving and data analysis skills
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.