Associate Product Manager, Security Products
- Arlington, VA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Are you excited to build the next generation of products helping to enable digital commerce? Do you want to convert your ideas into innovative solutions? Do you want to be a part of building and delivering solutions at global scale applying local needs that delight our customers? Visa is looking for an accomplished Associate Product Manager (APM) with a passion for innovating and shaping the next generation of authentication products.
You will be responsible for helping to develop new risk and authentication offerings, creating enhancements to these products, and managing existing solutions that are deployed globally. The APM will be part of the global team that is developing and deploying Visa Secure, which is designed to make online payments more secure and increase sales. The APM will assess global market trends, evaluate potential product opportunities, and recommend market strategies. He/she will contribute to the product vision and delivery, including managing functional requirements, feature prioritization, product operations, and on-going product management. Additional areas of responsibilities include performing data analysis, conducting research, leading internal product conversations and helping develop executive level narratives and presentations. He/she will partner with cross-functional teams in getting the solutions to market and work with Visa’s client facing teams and regional product leads on the best way for clients to take advantage of the solutions and new products.
- Support the complete product development lifecycle from strategic planning, product design (concept document, business case, product requirements), commercialization, go-to-market plans, and ongoing management
- Become knowledgeable on Visa’s products and support the product team in driving the development of product features and functionality, leveraging the strong foundation of existing capabilities where appropriate.
- Collaborate with internal Visa teams (e.g., regional teams, technology, client services, risk, and other applicable groups) to define and execute a cohesive strategy related to a specific product or feature and to commercialize the Visa solutions.
- Help coordinate with marketing and regional product leads on key messaging for new and emerging products
- Provide product training to internal teams: sales, marketing, product, customer service, etc.
- Provide product managers and internal stakeholders with formal and ad-hoc analysis and regular performance reporting
- Stay abreast of competitor products, understand market trends, ensure products are differentiated and solve client’s greatest needs
- Distill market research to provide perspective to the team and product management leaders to inform insights and decisions
- Minimum of 6 months of work experience or a Bachelor's Degree
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required, an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, MD) desirable
- 2+ years of experience working in product management or management consulting
- Experience and knowledge of payments, identity, authentication, risk models, risk tools, and predictive analytics
- Ability to transform business ideas into detailed requirements that enable technology teams to deliver new products or product enhancements based on business needs
- Ability to manage and write product documentation detailing product features and business rules
- Business acumen; understands the economics of client’s business and how our products impact a client’s P&L
- Strong data analysis, modeling, and problem solving. Ability to create executive level reports, dashboards and presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver on large-scale analyses with significant business impact
- Ability to manage simultaneous tasks and projects with multiple work streams, and demonstrated strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Flexible and creative thinker with the ability to define business tradeoffs, generate outside-the-box solutions and manage uncertainty
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build connections with internal Visa teams and clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 5% of the time. Occasional commute to other Visa offices in the bay area will be required.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.