Senior Director – Advanced Identity Solutions
- Arlington, VA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Reporting into the VP - Identity Products, the Senior Director – Visa Advanced Identity Solutions is responsible for a portfolio of analytical product solutions aimed at reducing identity fraud. This is a global product role will have full product management responsibility from requirements development through commercialization and GTM. This role requires a demonstrated leader who possesses strategic thinking and excellence in product management with demonstrated experience collaborating across region and function.
The Senior Director – Visa Advanced Identity Solutions plays a critical role for Visa, particularly in today’s increasingly digital world. The ability for a consumer to verify their identity and authenticate is something we take for granted in the physical world, however in the digital world this presents a much more difficult challenge. This role utilizes the power of application and identity data to drive out fraud from our ecosystem by providing identity powered intelligence (alerts, scores, etc.) to our customers and partners.
This role requires a variety of skillsets across strategy, product management, data, regulatory, compliance, privacy, and product delivery/GTM.
- Lead the Advanced Identity Solutions team – both people management responsibility and cross-functional collaboration
- Own the GTM strategy for the Advanced Identity Solutions portfolio and the component products including but not limited to vertical expansion, regional rollout, pricing, and sales enablement
- Collaborate with Sales (specialized sales, business development, consulting & analytics and Visa subsidiaries) to develop and refine a pipeline and provide product support directly and through the team in driving these products to market
- Be responsible for the business case, budget, revenue, and P&L for the portfolio and manage to the defined targets
- Collaborate with Visa regional product teams (identity and authentication product, partnership, business development) and cross-functional teams (risk, specialized sales, account executives) to develop specific and execute against defined milestones
- Work with data science and model product team to extend and advance the capabilities of our models
- Oversee model retrospectives with customers during sales and model revisions
- Product owner for capabilities of the platform and product features
- 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD); or a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a PhD
- Bachelor’s degree in analytical or technology field such as operations research, economics, computer science or many others (graduate degree is a plus)
- Adept across strategy, operations, and program management
- Experience managing a product line (multiple products within a product area)
- Experience managing a team of product managers in a global function
- Experience running a live product and being accountable for customer-facing outcomes
- Experience developing a GTM / commercialization plan for a product and delivering a product/feature set to market against that plan
- Experience working in a global role or international work experience
- Experience with data privacy, regulatory and compliance including FCRA compliant solutions
- Experience with Agile development methodologies (in a product function)
- Experience working on new products / initiatives and evangelizing new concepts throughout an organization
- Understanding of payments, fraud and disputes a plus
- Experience working in a lending capacity at a financial institution is a plus
- A love of fact-based decision making, passion for customer centric design and continuous improvements, insatiable curiosity, and excellent problem-solving skills
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work up to 20% of the time. This position may require occasional travel to client sites and Visa sites around the globe.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.