Business Development Analyst
- Bogota, Colombia
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Business Analyst will provide overall support to the sales team in identifying new opportunities within exiting portfolios and new potential business in the local ecosystem. The position will work with internal and external teams supporting the sales team to align the strategic direction, products and services with the client´s needs .
- Assist in the execution of short and long-term strategic plans for clients and market. Ensure that such plans adhere to Visa mission statement of increasing clients’ profitability, strengthening the partnership within them, and also being in agreement with Visa Inc. overall strategy
- Support the sales team in using a consultative sales approach that ensures that the client’s business objectives are met and that the performance metrics of their payment portfolios are maximized
- Work with the sales team in developing and executing a set of objectives and goals for assigned client to increase client's Visa sales volume, profitability and providing dynamic and proactive product support and customer service
- Ability to identify key strategic issues and to generate and deliver creative and innovative solutions to problems and opportunities
- View new business opportunities, analyzing client’s profiles, products’ profile as well as their strategic moments, with the purpose of offering adequate products to the needs of the partners and increasing their business volume with Visa
- Coordinate with the Marketing team actions to strengthen the brand
- Monitor the competitors’ activities, fusions, acquisitions
- Maintain close contact with all Visa’s areas in order to search for solutions for the most critical problems, as well as to follow best practices that could be offered and applied to the clients and the market
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 1 - 2 years of professional experience in sales, marketing, or account management
- Bilingual English and Spanish (proficient verbal and written)
- Excellent sales, account management, presentation and strategic planning skills
- Leadership skills and sound business judgment
- Analytical skills (ability to identify tendencies, forecasts etc.)
- Strong interpersonal skills (ability to interact with several teams simultaneously)
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Detailed and numbers oriented
- Candidate must have the ability to travel
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law