Senior Vice President, Head of Regional Product Solutions - LAC
- Miami, FL, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Head of Regional Product Solutions, LAC is responsible for collaborating with Visa’s internal product teams to develop and deliver solutions that Visa’s clients need in the market place. A fully integrated team includes innovation centers, digital partnerships, processing, sales engineering, solutions architecture and other local product functions. Core to the mission of this organization is driving revenue, developing the LAC product strategy, providing the thought leadership for the product roadmap and designing the long-term design for the growth of Visa’s products.
Based in Miami and reporting to the Chief Product Officer, this individual will lead the LAC team and have a dual line reporting relationship to the Regional President in LAC. This role will serve on the Global Solutions (Product) Leadership Team as well as being a member of the LAC.
- Develop, deliver and activate product strategies.
- Establish and refine pipeline of product solutions, developments and acceleration plans.
- Launch new product initiatives on time, within budget and across multiple clients.
- Manage the LAC Product portfolio to grow worldwide Visa revenue.
- Manage and meet financial performance indicators for Visa products in LAC, including revenue targets, operating expense budgets.
- Manage and meet business metric performance for Visa products in LAC, including CIF, payment volume, transaction volume and international cash.
- Lead and inspire a team of innovative and engaged individuals focused on delivering best in class products to address local customer preference and anticipated client and market needs.
- Lead compelling thought leadership on topics such as technology innovation, strategic transformation, and merchant partnerships in the ecosystem in which Visa operates.
- Play an active role in external forums and represent Visa. Regular coverage by speaking at public events and engaging with media outlets to place Visa as a thought leader in payments, innovation and the digital arena.
- Champion Visa values and innovative DNA across the organization. Act as an ambassador to attract world-class talent in the market and develop internal talent capabilities throughout LAC.
- This position is part of the LAC Leadership Team and therefore requires close collaboration with fellow members to help set and execute the overall regional strategy.
Skills and Experience
- A natural collaborator, with excellent communication skills and strong executive presence. Disciplined and comfortable with ambiguity, possessing the maturity and capability to interact and influence across multiple levels and organizations internal and external to Visa.
- Experience leading a broad regional team is desirable, as is an advanced understanding of the payments ecosystem and technology / digital enablers.
- Functional product experience would be valuable, with a mature understanding of product lifecycle strategies, design and execution.
- Strong negotiation skills with proven record of accomplishment of achieving results in the management of P&L and financial results.
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical / decision-making skills. Ability to be a thought partner to Executive Leaders and peers with a focus on intellectual rigor.
- Strategy and Execution: Has superior strategic and analytic skills, and is capable of clearly communicating a long-term vision to his/her team, the Company and Visa’s clients. Demonstrated success in delivering go-to-market strategies, activated across cross-functional global teams. Is integrated into the payments products industry, stays current on competitive and market trends, and brings those insights to inform Product strategy for the LAC region.
- Results Orientation: Brings a deep background of demonstrated success, with keen financial acumen and credibility earned through a strong record of accomplishment. Structure and lead the business to drive for commercial success and financial results. Make sound business and organizational judgments that align Visa’s global Product strategy to local client and market needs. Make thoughtful and effective decisions, executed with both short-term and long-term strategic goals in mind.
- Client Focus: Cultivates deep partnerships with current and potential customers across the financial institutions, merchant, regulatory categories. Understand the current industry and can link potential client needs to future product development initiatives. Builds sustaining client relationships that can be leveraged across other Visa lines of business.
- Team Leadership: Lead a team of product specialists through effective people management and development programs in accordance with Visa values and practices. Foster an inclusive team culture that is collaborative and inquisitive, developing bench strength and planning for succession.
- An intellectually curious but humble leader with a high degree of compassion, able to engage, enable and inspire others.
- A hands-on approach to all activities with real passion and high levels of energy. Agile and comfortable adapting to different environments.
- Creative and resourceful in overcoming barriers and unexpected roadblocks. Courageous in spirit, driving change through innovation.
- An authentic leader who intuitively engenders an inclusive environment, enabling the business to reach its ambitious goals.
- Possesses high personal standards of ethics and integrity towards employees, stakeholders and customers.
- Diversity of thought and experience. Continually seeks new perspectives and feedback, takes an inclusive approach and engages diverse points of view.
- High levels of learning-agility with a real interest in the fintech ecosystem and a ‘technology / digital-first’ approach.
- Entrepreneurial and comfortable with ambiguous and change-led environments; self-confident with an authentic style that gravitates to championing change.
- Eager to seek a challenge and expand frontiers; brings a visionary approach. Sets and meets a high bar of goals and principles.
- Committed to building a community through Visa’s Leadership Principles.
15 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree; 12 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or a minimum of 10 years of work experience with a PhD.
15+ years’ experience in either payments or fintech, or industries that are analogous to the ‘ecosystem’ of technology and digital in which Visa operates.
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours (in the LAC region, for example).
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 30-50% of the time.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.