Employee Referral Specialist – Talent Acquisition
- 900 Metro Center Blvd., Foster City, CA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
We are looking for a dedicated Specialist to join our Global Talent Acquisition team to manage the continuous improvement and critical engagement with those who are referred through our Employee Referral Program. We are looking for someone who is passionate about Visa’s brand and the ecosystem in which the company operates in order to promote awareness of the Employee Referral Program and internal mobility within the organization. This role will also support internal mobility initiatives with the Global Talent team. and is a vital member of the Talent Acquisition team.
In this role, you will manage the referral talent pipeline in partnership with existing team members and Global TA. You will assess skills and interests and communicate with interested candidates in a timely, professional and personalized manner that nurtures a talent pipeline for Visa, for both current and future hiring needs. You will maintain ongoing documentation, collate metrics and measurements on hiring information and be accountable for a seamless and well executed bespoke candidate experience that champions the brand for Visa.
You will be the ‘connector’ between suitable and interested candidates and the Visa Talent Acquisition Team, being a driver to ensure an outstanding and phenomenal candidate experience. Success in this role will enable Visa to achieve its significant goals and commitment to its Employees. Are you ready to be a leader of this exciting initiative?
- Ensuring high touch engagement with Visa Employee Referrals at all levels actively looking for opportunity with Visa
- Partner with globally dispersed Sourcers, Recruiters and Hiring Managers to understand business needs
- Assess, evaluate and document candidates’ motivations, skills, interests, eligibility and align to relevant partners and parts of the hiring business
- Schedule exploratory conversations for VIP Candidates
- Be an advocate for the candidate experience and a passionate promoter for Visa’s Employer Brand
- Maintain high quality, personalized outreach with varying levels of candidates via phone, email and text
- Be a champion for the team on navigating processes and points of contact for Visa Employees and their Referrals
- Build and nurture relationships with Visa ERGs in order to foster relationships with top talent that Visa would like to attract
- Coordinate virtual events for referral candidate engagement
- Coordinate with Recruiting teams and the Business to understand position requirements
- Cultivate relationships with VIP Candidates, passive and active diverse talent pools, according to long-term initiatives and direction of the organization
- Maintain and update relevant data in Visa’s proprietary recruiting systems and support on preparing information for leadership review
- Keep up to date of topical external developments in broader industry and the talent acquisition landscape
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with an authentic style to personalize the candidate journey through phone, email, and/or text
- Passion for and familiarity with Visa business, culture, leadership principles
- Experience collaborating with teams at all levels
- Proficient working knowledge of general Human Resources
- A friendly team player who is willing to help out as needed
- Can work independently and comfortable operating in ambiguity and in a fast paced dynamic environment
- Excellent execution skills with the ability to think ahead and prioritize work accordingly
- Evidence of building successful candidate relationships and managing a network of talent
- Curious, reliable, engaging and team-minded
- 7-10 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.