Senior Consultant - Visa Consulting and Analytics
- London, UK
- Employees can work remotely
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Senior Consultant (Commercial Practice SME) VCA, Europe in the Visa Consulting & Analytics (VCA) team, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
Visa Consulting & Analytics (VCA) drives tangible, impactful and financial results for Visa's clients, including card issuers, acquirers, and merchants. Drawing on our expertise in strategy consulting, data analytics, brand management, marketing, operational and macroeconomics, VCA solves the most strategic problems for our clients.
The Europe Consulting Practice applies deep expertise in the payments industry to provide solutions to assist clients with their key business priorities, drive growth and improve profitability. The VCA team provides a comprehensive range of consulting services to deliver solutions that address unique challenges in areas such as marketing, strategic growth, profitability, digital payments and risk.
What we expect of you, day to day.
In the Visa Consulting & Analytics Corporate and Business banking role you'll be responsible for driving the business performance of our clients’ portfolios by developing and promoting our solutions, new offerings and devising business strategies that help our Client grow profitability and differentiate themselves in the increasingly competitive payments landscape in Europe. The Senior Consultant (Commercial and Business Banking SME) VCA, Europe also supports our VCA Europe goals more broadly across the region. The key responsibilities are as follows:
- Drive the development and more specifically implement the creation of assets to build the VCA Commercial Banking practice and scale new market offerings that support Visa’s Growth Strategy
- Engage and contribute explicitly to client engagements with traditional issuing clients, serving as Visa’s ‘Subject Matter Expert’ in the area of Commercial and Business Banking
- Support as the hub VCA Commercial and Business banking VCA Lead in discussions with other VCA Regions, and external vendors and stakeholders
What we expect of you, day to day:
- Design performance solutions to client requirements, striving for innovative and efficient approaches.
- Undertake client projects, including project road mapping, client interviewing, analytical review of inputs, structuring of recommendations, report writing.
- Bring deep subject matter expertise to bear in undertaking engagements such as portfolio strategy, portfolio diagnostics, and Acquisition and Loyalty program health checks.
- Create, develop and maintain models, contribute to IP creation and standardized VCA offerings
- Facilitate meetings and workshops as an element of client engagements, to enable creative problem solving and/or transfer domain knowledge, helping clients to realize project objectives across multiple client teams/functions.
- Foster partnership with other internal functional areas, ensuring alignment of opportunities and recommendations particularly with product functionality and availability.
For this role, the key skills required are:
- Deep experience in retail banking and/or payment card industry and/or merchant retail business in a consulting capacity
- Comprehensive knowledge of data analytics methodologies and tools and the use of data insights for business growth in a digital and technology-driven environment. Business Acumen and Business Analysis Skills (research and analyse market and client information to tell a story)
- Excellent client relationship management skills (also on senior executive level and across all levels of an organisation) with the ability to present technical information effectively
- Deep sales orientation, experience selling major projects/ideas to senior management
- Excellent spoken and written command of English.
- Willingness to travel throughout the covered markets as needed.
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.