Senior Financial Analyst - Token ID
- Rotterdam, Netherlands
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
Token ID is a Visa company.
What’s it all about?
This role is responsible for all aspects of the revenue operations function for Token ID and Visa Digital Ticketing, ensuring accurate and timely generation and processing of revenue accounting and reporting and adherence to financial controls and Visa’s policies. This hands-on role requires strong accounting and business acumen with the desire and ability to challenge the status quo to improve the effectiveness, efficiency, and performance of the function. Integral to the role is the ability to build partnerships and maintaining strong relationships with key stakeholders both regionally and globally.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Responsible for revenue accounting and reporting, ensuring appropriate processes and controls are in place to produce accurate financial statements and revenue recognition is correctly understood, interpreted and communicated to the stakeholders.
- Review and provide guidance on revenue contract language including revenue recognition to Sales, Legal, and FP&A.
- Responsible for month-end close process related to revenue including performing balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Responsible for all the accounting aspects of the order to cash and order to revenue processes. Collaborate with other resources on contract review, accounts receivable collection, payments posting, revenue recording and maintenance of deferred revenue waterfall schedules.
- Support revenue data requests, analysis for client, internal inquiries and act as the revenue SME.
- Support the audit review process and provide necessary documentation to internal and external auditors on revenue processes.
- Drive continuous improvement and integration in processes, systems and business intelligence to address business challenges.
- Maintain and update process documents, flowcharts, user guides as needed.
- Perform special projects and ad-hoc analyses as needed.
Thinking about careers differently...
For this role the key skills required are...
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Auditing or Accounting or equivalent
- Newly Qualified or finalist level Chartered Accountant or Dutch equivalent (this is mandatory for the role)
- Extensive relevant work experience
- Advanced skills in MS Excel
- Prior experience with Oracle Financials, ORMB or other billing systems is a plus
- Strong business analysis/problem solving skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and upbeat customer-service attitude
- Detail-oriented with proven ability to work independently and in a team-oriented environment with minimal supervision
- Ability to perform under pressure with tight deadlines in a fast-paced and often ambiguous environment to drive results
- Self-motivated and be willing to utilize and learn new technology to solve problems
- Strong organizational skills; ability to plan, organize, and adapt within a multi-tasking environment, requiring simultaneous management of multiple issues and deliverables
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Token ID is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients