Director, Visa Dispute Optimization
- Employees can work remotely
Global Client Support works with issuers, acquirers, processors and merchants worldwide to develop and deliver the support model for Visa. This includes day-to-day operations and product support, back office support and customer performance reporting. CS includes the Rules, Standards and Disputes function which is comprised of several business units that support the structural foundation of the Visa Payments network. Services, including Rules management, Dispute adjudication, Contract management, Client training and publications, and Performance metrics and analytics, are provided to clients to ensure the safety, security and integrity of the payment system and to support Visa clients in the development of their electronic payments business. Visa's dispute resolution process provides a framework to correct errors and resolve transaction disputes arising from violations of the Visa Rules. In arbitration, Visa reviews all information and documentation involved and decides which party is financially liable for the disputed transaction.
This is an individual contributor role with primary responsibility managing and developing Visa’s dispute consulting program, called Visa Dispute Optimization, and providing global stakeholders in the Disputes Industry with exceptional dispute consultation to improve dispute processing, reduce expenses and assist them with providing superior customer service. The individual will apply independent judgment in resolving undefined and significantly complex issues and making detailed recommendations to clients on the best approach to their dispute resolution process, calculate return on investment, practices, procedures and policies
Additionally, the role will coach, review and delegate work to the Visa Dispute Optimization Data Sr Analyst and other members of the Visa Dispute Optimization team to support the continued expansion of the Visa Dispute Optimization program.
This role will be making decisions about material development; when changes are needed; assessing quality levels and communicating confidential performance information appropriately with Senior Management.
- Leverage dispute resolution and significantly complex program management experience to help design, create, roll-out, and deliver the Visa Dispute Optimization program including dispute related front-line support team’s calls and other communication channels with internal and external clients to ensure all service levels are met or exceeded and audit requirements are adhered too.
- Set direction to proactively review and improve client performance.
- Partner with the Visa Client and Analytics team to project manage the Visa Dispute Optimization program
- Partner with Dispute Resolution Management senior management and other key stakeholders with input and feedback for global alignment of program deliverables.
- Lead communications with the Dispute Resolution Management team to ensure successful change management of Visa Dispute Optimization program, when necessary
- Collaborate with Dispute Resolution Management senior management to help assess and promote training opportunities
- Proactively identify opportunities and implement recommendations to increase production or efficiency of Visa Dispute Optimization program
- Contribute to the definition and fulfillment of team and corporate objectives and goals.
- Provide clients and staff with accurate information and analysis of Visa Rules and ensure Service Levels are met.
- Provide strategic support to product teams for development of the Visa Dispute Optimization program and identify issues for new services.
- Participate in Global dispute resolution projects, including the management and coordination of any special projects.
- Assist in identifying and proposing business rule changes that address trends, client needs, new business models, etc.
- Stay current with industry and market trends to anticipate possible challenges resulting from changing political, social and economic environments specifically for the assigned region(s).
- Stay abreast of new products and services, and industry and technology trends to be able to support Visa strategic goals and client initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. Requires a minimum of 12+ years’ experience in financial services or payment card services.
- 10+ years’ experience in the Card or Financial Business with concentration in dispute processing, issuing support, merchant acquiring, back office and banking operations, as well as demonstrated advanced people-management skills.
- Advanced understanding of transaction processing, including authorization, clearing and settlement; card technologies, including Token, chip/EMV; ATM Services, and industry players including acquirers, issuer, processors, agents, merchants and cardholders. Extensive knowledge of Visa rules and regulations also required.
- Strong judgment and negotiation skills to ensure full customer satisfaction and limit negative processing impacts.
- Works independently with limited oversight from manager and have proven abilities in organizational, conceptual, and logical problem solving.
- Customer focus with proven ability to establish productive working relationships with staff and management at all levels.
- Ability to set priorities and manage customer expectations, and work both as part of a team and independently.
- Influence others within and outside of job sub-function regarding practices, procedures and policies
- Proficiency providing technical and consultative support to external customers and identify business needs.
- Experience with process documentation and statistical analysis.
- Demonstrate ability to work in a complex organization to determine business and customer needs, providing the best solution to meet those needs.
- Resolve undefined and significantly complex problems
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, SharePoint, Visio and Visa Resolve Online a plus.
- Extensive travel required.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the evolving visa/travel restrictions in place, we are currently only able to extend offers to candidates with the right to work in Singapore. We are keeping the situation under close review and will adjust accordingly should the restrictive measures be lifted.