Director, Visa Consulting & Analytics
- Ashburn, VA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Visa Consulting and Analytics (VCA) drives tangible, impactful and financial results for Visa’s network clients, including both financial services and merchants. Drawing on our expertise in strategy consulting, data analytics, brand management, marketing, operational and macroeconomics, Visa Consulting and Analytics solves the most strategic problems for our clients.
The NA Consulting Practice within VCA provides consulting and solution services for Visa’s largest issuers in the United States. We apply deep expertise in the banking, payments & analytics industry to provide impactful to assist clients with their key business priorities, drive growth and improve profitability. The VCA team provides a comprehensive range of consulting services to deliver solutions that address unique challenges in areas such as improving profitability, strategic growth, customer experience, digital payments and managing risk.
The VCA team is looking for a Director to join our consulting practice and play a role in developing high impact projects for Visa’s clients in the North America region. The potential candidate will be responsible for delivering and implementing projects and solutions with large US Financial Institutions / Issuing Banks. This person will develop initiatives to promote sustainable and profitable growth, thereby ensuring that Visa is both, the preferred brand and unique business partner.
Most engagements are focused on developing strategies for our clients e.g. market penetration strategies, profitability analysis, segmentation, growth, product development, program launch, customer acquisition, customer life cycle optimization, retention & enhancements.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Proactively engage with Visa internal teams in regular strategic & planning discussions
- Leads consulting initiatives and contributes to closing engagement by identifying potential opportunities with Issuing Bank Partners.
- Develop frameworks, approaches, solutions and recommendations that effectively and efficiently address the most impactful opportunities and challenges.
- Build solutions and actionable insights that will help clients to grow their portfolios and customer engagement in their core business
- Partner with peers in other functional areas (marketing, sales, risk, innovation) and across global regional teams to execute projects in ways that leverage the breadth and depth of Visa’s resources
- Produce insights, analyses and recommendations to improve client performance, boost growth, drive understanding of client issues and provide strategic guidance for client priorities across the verticals and segments
- Ability to effectively manipulate and analyze large data sets (industry and Visa) to determine meanings insights and recommendations for clients
- Build new scalable solutions, toolkits, best practice documents and consulting approach that can be applied across VCA practice
Incumbents applying for the role should be self-motivated, highly energized; detail-oriented individuals who will deliver strategic thought leadership, problem diagnostics and high impact solutions to clients support the growth and performance. Candidates must be able to develop enduring, strategic relationships with internal and external clients and across the Visa organization. This is an individual contributor role, office's in Ashburn, VA or New York, NY and reporting into a Senior Director within VCA.
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- Relevant experience at large management consulting firm or US Financial Institution
- Payments/Financial Services experience
- Strong Analytical/Quantitative Background
- Experience working with financial indicators to measure business performance. Significant focus on impacting ROI
- Self-motivated, results oriented individual with the ability to handle numerous projects concurrently
- Knowledge and understanding of banking operations and/ or payment schemes, including products & services, business systems and processes, marketing initiatives and card issuing experience
- Excellent communication, story-telling, and presentation skills
- Team player
Work Authorization: Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment for this position. Visa will not sponsor applicants for work visas in connection with this position.
Work Hours: Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
Travel: Incumbent must be able to travel up to 10%
Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms.
EEO statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.