Senior Analyst - Client Configuration Management - Part Time (3 days a week)
- London, UK
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Note: this role is a 3-day job share position
What’s it all about?
Client Configuration Management is a collaborative team in Client Services responsible for setting up and updating client profiles in Visa’s authorization, clearing, settlement and reporting systems. The Senior Analyst builds highly specialized knowledge of Visa’s proprietary applications in order to configure setups according to the client’s needs. Clients include financial institutions, merchants, third party processors, non-traditional clients, state-owned entities, and direct connect merchants.
This position is at a professional level and requires strong execution and analytical abilities. This role works independently and receives minimal guidance, except for the most complex situations.
This is a client facing individual contributor role responsible for managing configuration activities with mid to high complexity, identifying and resolving issues of moderate complexity and taking a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions. Responsibilities also include proactively looking for opportunities to improve processes to further increase the team’s efficiency and effectiveness.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Provide dedicated implementation and configuration support to assigned Visa clients within a market and/or support to assigned countries/markets.
- Manage multiple types of complex configuration requests in support of client and Visa initiatives. This involves the coordination and prioritization of resources from various teams, and new processes to be developed based on committed and tight deliverable dates.
Client Engagement & Support
- Deliver world-class client satisfaction by making it easy to work with Visa, deploying changes seamlessly and in a timely manner and keeping the client updated throughout the process.
- Coordinate directly with clients to understand the program set up requirements and manage steps required to support new card program installations, processor migrations and updates to existing setups without customer impact.
- Participate in on-call rotation for urgent issues requiring out of hours support.
- Provide responsive, accurate, and timely communications to internal and external stakeholders.
- Research, analyze and prepare each client configuration request in detail to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Prepare accurate estimation and processing of billable tasks.
- Provide problem resolution support for production and testing configuration changes.
- Evaluate incidents and document/share lessons learned with teams.
- Work closely with Job Share to ensure continuity internal operations and the client experience.
- Act as lead for corporate and/or client initiatives – both internal and external – using best practices, lessons learned, and technical/analytical skills.
- Identify, recommend and execute on operational opportunities to increase customer satisfaction or efficiency.
- Review and approve other team members’ changes to verify the work prepared was as the client requested and will not lead to adverse processing. The Senior Analyst provides the second review/approval for complex and large project initiatives (i.e. major client brand conversion).
- Acts as an Subject Matter Expertise (SME) as it relates to client configuration set ups.
- Act as on-call point of contact for activities that require CCM’s assistance outside of business hours. This may be in support of an external client or internal issue. Example: Be available after business hours in the event a system or edit job fails and requires changes to avoid client impact on the committed date.
- Facilitate and lead internal meetings, as applicable.
- Build and enhance positive working relationships with Visa clients and internal stakeholders (i.e. Client Implementation, Account Management, & Testing).
- Prepare and lead training to internal and/or cross-functional teams and external clients, as applicable.
- Negotiate amongst various Visa teams and coordinate resources to ensure delivery on commitments.
- Facilitate any emergency requests and coordinate internal resources (i.e. real time changes with network operations).
- Develop and contribute to department processes and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Computer Science, or Information Technology, or equivalent work experience in a customer support role in software, financial or information services. Direct Visa experience is preferred.
- Experience using standard MS Office tools (e.g. MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, etc.).
- Excellent time management, organisation, and planning skills are essential.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills are required.
- Demonstrate ability to articulate technical terms or processes into business language.
- Able to set priorities, influence others, and manage customer expectations.
- Demonstrate success in customer relationship management.
- Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to achieve results as part of an effective team, and ability to prioritise effectively and multi-task under deadlines.
- Working knowledge of client business drivers as it relates to their operations and processing services.
- Ability to follow processes, procedures and adjust to a continuously changing environment.