Treasury Analyst - Settlements
- 900 Metro Center Blvd., Foster City, CA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Treasury Analyst joins a dedicated team who support a variety of critical responsibilities which ensures global financial settlement and reconciliations between Visa Inc., its Clients and partner Networks are performed Monday-Friday. The primary responsibilities for this position are: perform assigned daily Visa and Debit Processing Services Settlement funds transfer reconciliations, provide prompt investigation, detailed issues analysis and appropriate resolutions and/or escalations. Timeliness and accuracy are imperative. The Analyst will be required to complete assigned functions periodically at home to ensure business resumption capability. This position allows daily functions to be mastered as well as the opportunity to periodically perform other functions of the team over time. In addition, this position requires demonstrated significant growth over time to understand the business and the technology used to perform their functions and those of the team. The Analyst will perform business analysis; actively participate in strategic initiatives, lead/support business, and systems enhancement initiatives directly affecting their area of daily responsibilities.
- Primary daily responsibility is to perform timely and error free financial reconciliation of assigned functions inclusive of execution, research, analysis, documentation, issues resolution, reporting and appropriate escalation
- Assigned functions include but are not limited to Visa Direct Payouts, Visa B2B Connect, Visa Payments Limited, Visa International Settlement Service and Treasury as a Service products
- Manage report requirements, generation and delivery in support of assigned functions
- Perform data research and analysis to discover trends, uncover issues, support hypothesis, provide management information and make recommendations
- Demonstrate capability to think globally/strategically, turn information into insights, and drive results as well as be comfortable working many issues simultaneously and flexibility and ability to quickly prioritize amongst them
- Be self-motivated, and demonstrate the ability to influence, negotiate and communicate effectively across functional lines to ensure all stakeholders needs are included and met
- Collaborate for continuous development of self and team in understanding intricate technical details of payment systems business, transaction data, routing, reconciliation and settlement funds transfers
- Prepare Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power Point, to manage issues and/or perform analysis, document issues and recommendations. Assist in the preparation of departmental presentations, training materials and procedures
- Identify, recommend and implement solutions to streamline existing operational processes and achieve results of enhanced productivity and increased efficiencies. Provide support for writing business requirements, use cases, user acceptance test scripts for IT applications as well as on occasion perform user acceptance testing
- Perform Settlement Funds Transfer execution functions periodically as directed with accuracy, timeliness and appropriate escalation
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- Experience in Accounting or Treasury
- 3 or more years of work experience or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- Highly dependable and dedicated to team; ensure accuracy and great attention to detail with ability to thrive in a fast paced deadline driven environment with frequently changing priorities
- Ability to perform function from home (high speed internet connectivity) in an emergency and for periodic testing
- Proven ability to work independently, across cultures and time zones while anticipating deliverables needed by collaborating effectively with internal and external peers who may not share the same goals
- Good balance between business understanding and technical aptitude, with ability to connect business ideas to technical solutions and vice versa
- Good comprehension of control environment requirements, experience with various audits (e.g. internal, external, SOX, SSAE18)
- Excellent written and analytical skills, with a demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Knowledge of payment system transaction flows; understanding of operational, liquidity and credit risk, bank account management and general ledger is desirable
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.