Lead Engineer (Director Level)- Full Stack Development
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
- Provide Platform-as-a-Service offerings that are easy to consume, scalable, secure, and reliable using open source-based Cloud solutions for Big Data technologies
- Work at the intersection of infrastructure and software engineering by designing and deploying data and pipeline management frameworks built on top of open-source components, including Hadoop, Hive, Spark, HBase, Kafka streaming and other Open Source Big Data technologies.
- Collaborate with various teams to build and maintain the most innovative, reliable, secure, and cost-effective distributed solutions.
- Facilitate knowledge transfer to the Engineering and Operations team during and after deployment.
- Work with geographically distributed teams on technical challenges and process improvements.
- Responsible for the design and implementation of agile-innovative data pipeline and workflow management solutions that take advantage of technology advances that allow cost reduction, standardization, and commoditization.
- Drive the adoption of open standard toolsets to reduce complexity and support operational goals for increasing automation across the enterprise.
- Champion the adoption of open infrastructure solutions that are fit for purpose while keeping technology relevant.
- Spend 80% of the time writing code in different languages, frameworks and technology stacks.
- 12yrs+ of experience in architecture design and development of large-scale data management platforms and data application with simple solutions
- Must have extensive hands on coding and designing skills on
- React/Angular for front-end
- MVC (model-view-controller) for end-to-end development
- SQL/NoSQL technology. Familiar with Databases like Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, etc.
- Web Services (REST/ SOAP/gRPC)
- Expertise in design and management of complex data structures and data processes
- Expertise in efficiently leveraging the power of distributed big data systems, including but not limited to Hadoop Hive, Spark, Kafka streaming, and etc.
- Deep knowledge and hands on experience on big data and cloud computing technologies.
- Good to have experience -Apache NiFi and Apache Spark for processing large data sets
- Strong service architecture and development experience with high performance and scalability
- Technical background in data with deep understanding of issues in multiple areas such as data acquisition, ingestion and processing, data management, distributed processing, and high availability is required.
- Strong on driving for results and self-motivated, strong learning mindset, with good understanding of related advanced/new technology. Keep up with the technology development in the related areas in the industry, which could be leveraged to enhance current architectures and build durable new ones.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline required; advanced degree is a plus.
- Strong leadership and team player.
- Strong skills on mentoring/growing junior people
- Payment industry experience is a plus.
- This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.