Associate Technical Support Analyst
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Desired candidate will be part of the Visa Operations Command Center - monitoring critical production applications (CyberSource Authorize.net system and Transactions) and resolve or manage the prompt resolution of all incidents.
The Associate Technical Support Analyst is responsible for providing settlement processing and report generation for our Enterprise level merchants, solving complex problems, implementing new processors and applications in our production systems, and acting as a liaison between Operations, Product Development, and Customer Support to coordinate system changes and enhancements.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Chair and actively drive critical/major incident resolution to meet group MTTR objectives.
- Document and communicate critical milestones/progress of ongoing incidents on a bridge call timely and accurately.
- Accurately and promptly assess/solicit the impact, take ownership and drive incidents to resolution as dictated by the impact and severity of the problem.
- Responsible for the internal and external communication of issues to users, other internal support groups and the customers via pages, email broadcasts or phone.
- Correlate critical alerts on monitoring platform with actual system outages.
- Follow documented operations processes and work with appropriate groups to administer and maintain these policies to ensure standard approach is adopted during escalation or when implementing system changes.
- Provide an Operations and Support perspective in the adoption of new technologies and the implementation of new software.
- Support project schedules and changes which can include participation in UAT testing, creation of process and procedures, and assist with training specific to team. This includes evaluating of products and influencing decision of purchase or outcome.
- Collaborates with the project team, internal partners, external client, and third parties to ensure the successful delivery of the workforce management system and its integration.
- Resolve incidents promptly without escalation.
- Constantly follow-up on all open incidents and problem tickets to meet group objectives.
- Review and approve new alert handling procedures and ensure they are written clearly and can be carried out by all analysts.
- Work on multiple platforms including ticket queue, mailbox, alert console and phone calls.
- Provide routine L1 system administration on multiple server platforms (Windows, Unix/Linux, Solaris).
- Propose process/procedure improvements to better the department and services provided.
- Offer effective/sound recommendations to address repetitive issues.
- Operations environment requiring shift work, 12-hour day shifts, required to work weekends, holidays, or nights as requested or scheduled.
Key Performance Indicator
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Perform Incident, Change and Problem Management according to documented guidelines.
- Be able to respond / action escalation utilizing our knowledge base in Incident tickets, websites, and documented process/procedures.
- Ensure all issue tracked, resolved to maintain and make improvements to ensure no SLA’s are missed or extended outages occurs.
- Strong ability to apply efficient decision-making, problem-solving and technical skills.
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor's degree in IT, Computer Science or a related discipline.
Must have skills
- Excellent understanding and at least 5 years hands on experience with Open Systems platforms (Windows & Unix/Linux, Solaris, SQL).
- Good understanding of networking principles.
- Possesses Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundation v4 Certificate or higher certification is a plus.
- Experience in supporting website and mobile applications.
- Meticulous, highly motivated and portray a sound business ethic.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Has strong reporting, documentation and presentation skills.
- Able to effectively communicate at a staff level and senior management level.
- Experience in managing/running high visibility technical bridge calls with real-time impact to business, crafting and sending communications to business stakeholders.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize work.
- Must have an analytical mind - be able to analyze situations and offer solution to common problems.
- Able to work on own initiative and independently.
- Open to work 12 hour shift schedule.
- This is a 24/7 operational department where you will be required to work weekends and over the holiday periods.
Good to have skills
- Possesses scripting/programming knowledge or 1+ years of experience in either of the following: Java, Spring, Oracle, and other programming languages.
- Knowledge of web services standards and related technologies (XML, SOAP, REST) is a plus.
- Knowledge in writing and reviewing technical documentation/tutorials for quality service desk setup so as to ensure L1 and L2 team performs all the agreed ITIL processes.
- Review and approve new procedures and prepare training material for the staff when required.
- Manage serious outages in production by interfacing between business, developers, infrastructure teams and management.
- Shift work, 12 hours shifts, ( between 9am to 9pm) as the operations need requires.
- Required to work OT as requested.
- This is an operational department therefore; you will be required to work weekends and over the holiday periods as requested or scheduled.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local laws.