Staff Software Engineer (Golang / Java / Fullstack)
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
This position is an individual contributor role on the Network Processing Development Team. The successful candidate will be part of a team to design and develop microservices and perform unit and integration testing on newly developed components. Candidate will assist with troubleshooting and resolving defects during the software development life cycle. This role will also contribute to building and maintaining Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery Pipelines. Candidate will interface directly with staff members of Development, Product Management, Project Management, and Quality Assurance.
As a key member of the development team, the candidate should be comfortable with driving technical ideas and communicating clearly with technical as well as non-technical audiences.
- Take complete end-to-end technical & engineering ownership of one or more applications.
- As a fullstack developer, design, develop, document and implement new functionality, as well as build enhancements, modifications, and corrections to existing software.
- Coordinate engineering activities across the delivery of the project and work with engineers to ensure they are delivering quality and efficiently against project requirements.
- Take a hands on role in influencing and guiding day-to-day development activities by leading architecture decisions, participating in designs, design review, code review, and implementation
- Be the ambassador for engineering best practice across the development lifecycle and champion continuous improvement across the Centre
- Define solutions in terms of components, modules and algorithms
- Refactor existing solutions to make it reusable and scalable
- Leads and/or supports both product and technical discussions about how to apply existing and/or new technology in support of the business.
- Create design documents, code, unit/functional test, document and implement new programs and subprograms, as well as enhancements, modifications, and corrections to existing software.
- Must be able to understand the positioning of a solution within the company and to build consensus to effectively gain buy-in from all participants.
- Identify opportunities for further enhancements and refinements to standards, processes and systems.
- Design and develop microservices based application using Golang / Java/ ReactJs and others.
- Develop TDD/BDD unit-tests and oversee execution.
- Identify opportunities for further enhancements and refinements to standards and processes.
- Prepare design documents; evaluate and recommend solutions to meet user requirements; define and implement solutions.
- Participate in the Agile process including stand-up meetings, sprint planning, reviews and retrospectives.
- Lead by example; demonstrating accountability, mentoring junior team members, and by contributing to departmental procedures, best practices, and standards.
- Coordinate and collaborate with teams across multiple timezones.
- 6 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree.
- 7-10 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD.
- Be passionate about technology and solving large-scale complex business problems.
- Be an established self-starter who possesses a relentless drive to initiate change, raise the technical bar and deliver result
- Experience in developing web based application and / or microservices using Golang / Java/ ReactJs and others.
- Working experience in Angular, NodeJS, MySQL and REST web services is a plus.
- Knowledge and working experience on Git/Stash, Jenkins and Jira
- Experience in applying modern Agile Software Development practices is required.
- Experience with database technologies like MySQL, SQL Server.
- Experience handling vendor product and integration with internal Windows/Linux based applications.
- Must be capable of translating architecture into a delivered solution that realizes the vision and purpose and effectively translate functional and non-functional requirements into an engineered solution.
- Should be able to lead the technical team in comfortably extending an existing solution, or conceiving a new solution and working with delivery to have the target state architecture realized.
- Provides direction for selecting appropriate engineering techniques to solve for non-functional requirements at the project level.
- Strong problem determination skills and ability to resolve critical issues for complex systems under tight timeframes using dumps and other tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi task and handle multiple competing priorities with minimal direction from management. Should possess excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Must be able to write technical design and build documentation for all aspects of a technical infrastructure.
- Good interpersonal and facilitation skills
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.