Staff Software Engineer (REF31045C) - Visa Digital Developer Platform (DDP)
- Foster City, CA, USA
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
As a Staff Software Engineer, you will be part of our Application Services Engineering
team to help design, enhance and build solutions and frameworks in agile development environment. You will be focusing on developing our new framework and portal being developed to improve the overall efficiency and reliability of our release and deployment processes. We are looking for someone with very good Software Developments skills, strong interest in DevOps, and a passion for continuously delivering reliable software.
Are you interesting in working on one of the most exciting domain and fast-growing space? The payment industry, in parallel with technology in general, is experiencing a period of rapid, disruptive innovation. At the same time, mobile connectivity is growing rapidly and, with it, comes the opportunity to extend financial products to the 2.5 billion people around the world who are financially excluded.
Real-time payments (RTP) is a new strategic initiative at Visa, focused on building the next generation payment network connecting, individuals and businesses with banks, fin-tech players, countries and regions with the flexibility to use a variety of payment instruments.
Part of the broader Digital and Developer Platform organization, RTP team is undergoing a major ramp-up, looking to hire the best and brightest technologists with ambition and drive to build the next generation of payment network that would further extend the reach and scale of Visa’s payment network. This is once in a lifetime opportunity and you feel excited about joining and leading the revolution- come join us!
- Be part of a small team of go getters in an agile model
- Design and build new functionalities that will evolve to be the next generation real time payment system components
- Work collaboratively across team boundaries to share common infrastructure and functional capabilities
- Design and develop web service API’s and core functionality to allow third-party developers to more easily integrate applications with Visa products.
- Develop high-quality, ship-ready code with unit tests and functional tests
- Work with Product Management and other developers to understand and translate marketing requirements into design requirements and provide estimates for development.
- You must want to be involved with the design, not just code to a spec.
- Work as part of a cross-site development team to drive design, implementation, testing and release of products.
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree·
- 7-10 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related degree.
- Must have a strong Java background – (Java 8)
- Experience defining and developing RESTful web service API’s.
- Experience in Spring, Spring core, Spring Boot and Spring integration frameworks.
- Experience in Containerization, Docker, Kubernetes, CI/CD, Jenkins pipelines for build and Git as version control.
- Experience with Kafka, message queues, Hibernate, JDBC, XSD, CXF, Tomcat, MySQL, Mongo DB, Cassandra & Oracle
- Exceptional troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Working experience incloud computing, PaaS, IaaS and related areas are highly desirable.
- Experience with Docker is highly desirable.
- Experience with Akka and similar actor-based event driven models building highly concurrent, distributed, and fault tolerant applications on the JVM is a plus.
- Front-End development experience with React.JS, Redux, Node.JS is desirable.
- Experiences with the entire software development lifecycle, including version control, build process, testing, and code release.
- Working experience with an industry standard API Gateway technology such as NginX Plus, Kong is a plus
- Experience with Agile and Test-driven development methodologies
- Experience with LDAP is a plus
- A passion to learn new software technologies.
- Experience in a Banking, Financial Services or Payments industry a plus
- We count on your curiosity and creativity, to want to understand the requirements and our processes and want to come up with creative solutions
- While you’ll have the skill to see and understand the big picture, you’re able to stay focused on the task at hand to achieve immediate goals
- You’re great at systematic and accurate research wanting to uncover the smallest detail
- You have a passion for understanding people and to always strive to improve our products and services.
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.