Senior Manager, AP Corporate Events
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays
The Corporate Events team at Visa is responsible for innovating, planning, and executing client and internal event experiences. The team is part of the Business Planning and Operations function, and works closely with department heads and senior leaders across the organization to deliver quality creative events, with the most effective use of budget and resources to create the most value for our clients and our company.
What a Senior Manager, Corporate Events - Asia Pacific does at Visa:
Visa is seeking a seasoned events leader to manage and direct a wide variety of event programs spanning multiple event disciplines from live to virtual, including: C-Level Client Event Programs, Tradeshows, Hospitality functions and Internal Staff Meetings/Events. This role reports to the Head of Corporate Events in Asia Pacific and will be part of a small team responsible for managing all aspects of select event and ad-hoc programs.
The successful candidate must demonstrate a passion for events with a deep understanding of the prerequisites and elements of a successful event. The role combines project management with partnerships, strategic thinking, execution and the smart use of resources for maximum impact. The successful candidate is curious, resourceful and driven - paying attention to creativity, concept, quality, and time constraints - and will seek to add value and improve the stable of events and projects with new and innovative event ideas.
In this role, you are expected to:
- Drive project management of events to deliver successful and high-quality events, through the lifecycle of event development, execution, and post-event management
- Adapt to hybrid or virtual events, with knowledge of what it takes online and off, including the latest tools, platforms and technologies to bring our vision to life
- Work independently as well as in a team and build strong functional relationships
- Be organized, thorough and not afraid to get your hands dirty – jumping in to provide creative direction and run the show onsite
- Have an eye and a pulse on event trends and a drive to continuously enhance the existing department procedures
- Be a strategic thought partner for key stakeholders to provide effective guidance when developing event purpose and overall event strategy
- Act as a professional events consultant, proactively offering guidance, creative solutions, and assistance to various Visa business functions
- Provide team with strategic direction on sourcing of venues, vendors, entertainment and event related requirements
- Manage events mainly in the Asia Pacific region but may include other international locations. Some travel required when the situation allows
Why this is important to Visa
This role is a high-profile client and internal facing position, with the unique opportunity to create memorable experiences that strengthen Visa’s brand, value proposition, and reputation.
What you will need:
We are looking for an experienced individual with a curiosity about payments and Fintech, who is results-driven, and client focused. As a candidate you should have:
- Minimum 10 years of professional industry experience in corporate events management with event production background, preferably with a B2B or technology-based experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and knowledge in virtual event platforms
What will also help:
- Knowledge on event execution and show production are big pluses
- Attention to detail, problem solving acumen, and a passionate commitment to quality
- Superior project, budget and prioritization skills, working to tight timelines, and able to withstand high pressure environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including exceptional written, oral, and negotiation skills
- Job requires flexibility in working hours, as necessary to deliver critical events, and some travel
Projects you will be a part of:
As part of the team you will get opportunity to work on strategically important projects for clients and Visa.
- Senior Client Council
- Southeast Asia Client Forums
- Visa Security Summit
- Asia Pacific Leadership Meeting
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the evolving visa/travel restrictions in place, we are currently only able to extend offers to candidates with the right to work in Singapore. We are keeping the situation under close review and will adjust accordingly should the restrictive measures be lifted.