CRM Functional Consultant - Visa Payments Limited
- London, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology? Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world? You will fit right in.
By joining one of our teams at Visa Payments Limited, a division of Visa Inc since 2019, you’ll have an opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Being part of Visa, the world’s leader in digital payments technology, our mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network, enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive.
Visa Payments Limited is a financial technology business that provides cross-border payment processing services to banks and payments businesses across six continents through its global network. One of the fastest growing global Fintech businesses the Group also provides tailored FX and payment solutions direct to corporates through its EarthportFX brand.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we are proud that we are a talented team of 18,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life both within and outside of the office, and whether it is taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programmes, Visa Payments Limited and Visa Inc. respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone.
If you think you could support the Visa family by joining Visa Payments Limited as a CRM Functional Consultant, we want to hear from you.
You’re an individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
What’s it all about?
As a senior member of the team you will work on the more complex aspects of projects, mentor others in best practices and oversee the work of our on and offshore development teams to ensure it meets our high standards. You will gather and analyse business requirements providing leadership and innovative solutions on the Salesforce platform. You will be responsible for engaging with various clients as well as stakeholders within the company, characterising data and process definitions as well as being the principle point of contact for defining effective requirements, acceptance criteria, business rules elicitation whilst leading the offshore development team to engineer a successful conclusion.
What we expect of you, day to day. What we expect of you, day to day.
- Lead multiple work streams across the business architecture framework, integrating with external data platforms to implement business automation and improve efficiencies.
- Work with stakeholders to elicit, analyse, communicate, and validate requirements for effective changes to business processes, policies, information and systems to achieve final technology/business solution.
- Working for the technical organization, coordinate and supervise on and offshore Salesforce development teams so that the development and delivery of featured items are agreed and prioritized in accordance with business needs.
- Collaborate with on and offshore teams from multiple suppliers to successfully deliver and implement integrations of data and security designs to time critical schedules.
- Formally document requirements in a manner that is understandable for the business to subscribe to, while sufficiently comprehensive, structured and technically-oriented for the development teams.
- Provide technical vision and strategy within project teams globally, impart clear development direction, assign and track responsibilities, identify problems and create effective resolutions, challenge performance concerns and oversee efficiency improvements.
- Support testing, training and implementation activities, identify and document emerging business requirements to ensure the successful delivery of the overall business and technology solutions.
- Work to AGILE methodology, lead daily stand-ups, backlog refinements & other ceremonies.
- Strong communications skills, able to bridge the gap between business (product manager, business BA) and technical teams.
- Manage the development of detailed business requirements, Business Process Specifications and/or System Functional / Non-Functional Specifications that will drive the desired change to business process, system enhancement / development activities.
- Translate the business rules and data validation rules into business processes flows into activity diagrams, sequence diagrams, and /or Use cases.
- Define and manage requirements through the delivery lifecycle, creating relevant stories, defining the acceptance criteria and highlighting dependencies between them.
- Perform the role of a business partner, by maintaining a deep awareness of how the business operation works and helping stakeholders explore technology possibilities to more effectively execute on their roles.
- Provide a high level of expertise in establishing and documenting business and system requirements through the Salesforce best practices, while analysing current business process automation rules (Process Builders, Workflow rules, Validation Rules) on the platform.
- Ensure that requirements are delivered to the highest quality standards.
- Work independently to curate, manage and deliver ‘configuration only’ User Stories to support business unit requests. These include but not limited to building Workflow Rules, Process Builders, Validation rules and establishing new fields, page layouts and record types.
- Highlight risks and translate technology challenges back to the business to support decision-making.
- Provide end user training for new feature implementations while also monitoring adoption and usage across the operation. Identify and close knowledge gaps.
- Contribute to the communication towards external customers on the changes made to the VPL Client Portal by working closely with Service Delivery Managers.
- Ensure that all Visa Key Controls and associated security requirements are adhered to and are factored in to feature requirements.
- Elicitation of Features / Requirements gathering – Decomposition of high-level use cases to low level user stories (requirements) with acceptance criteria, process flows and other supporting documentation, through collaboration with stakeholders to understand their needs and confirm that the requirements are fit for purpose.
- Collaboration with the Scrum team – Liaising with the scrum team to convey the requirements and the intended outcome by clarifying technical constraints and understanding best practices.
- Participation in agile ceremonies – Attendance of key agile ceremonies, actively contributing to the refinement sessions through the presentation of user stories and the facilitation of showcases to key stakeholders.
- Perform functional acceptance tests in alignment with acceptance criteria captured in the requirements.
- Documentation & Training – Creation of training and documentation materials detailing the feature behavior and operational impact on the business; this is to be presented to the business teams upon feature delivery.
Thinking about careers differently...
For this role, the key skills required are:
- Bachelor’s Degree or above (Business, IT or management disciplines) or equivalent work experience.
- Current Salesforce Administrator certification.
- Demonstrable Salesforce applied knowledge and hands on configuration experience in Sales, Service and Community clouds.
- Mid-Level experience of Salesforce Business Analyst/Functional Consultant/Salesforce Administrator experience across multiple project types and involvement in several business ventures preferably in the fintech / payments industry.
- Experience in gathering requirements, documentation of requirements/solutions and modelling of business processes (preferably with Microsoft Visio or draw.io).
- History of working closely and effectively with analyst and technology teams to elicit requirements from stakeholders, challenging them to hone their thinking with the ability to work collaboratively and across functions.
- Proven experience working in an Agile methodology environment (e.g. SCRUM, DSDM, Lean/Kanban).
- Experience using Confluence and Jira is highly preferred.
- Strong technical ability with systems thinking capabilities and a solid understanding of the Salesforce data architecture and latest features.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence/negotiate both team members and business stakeholders. Experience working with senior stakeholders is a highly preferred.
- Strong ability to collaborate both in person and remotely and work as part of a team.
- Exceptional skills in applying Salesforce best practices and configuration principles.
- Analytical mindset and strong problem-solving skills that has been developed over years of experience.
- Posses a ‘can do’ attitude with ability to work in a high-pressure environment with the ability to prioritise effectively to be able to meet demanding project deadlines with changing needs.
- Aspiration to continual self-improvement through training and retrospective assessment of work.
- Financial Domain or equivalent experience is preferred. Experience/understanding of the payments landscape (especially payments messaging) is an added advantage.
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa Payments Limited is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.