Senior Software Engineer
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa is recruiting a Senior Software engineer for its Digital & Developer Platform – RISE team, to bring creative thinking for key strategic products. Working and part of a team of talented engineers you will be at the forefront of revolutionizing the Integration engineering and client centric test approach across exciting new enterprise applications where reliability, performance, scalability and security are vital.
The candidate will achieve the RISE (Release Integration Solutions Engineering) mission.
“We will improve client readiness of releases, Champion shift left, and promote Transparency in test conveyed via test pyramid to reduce release related risk(s)”
- Collaborate with product and software developer teams to establish Qualification for production release, Identification & Automation of End to End use cases, and develop collaboration tools/reporting to improve Quality.
- Champion Shift Left Processes
- Develop and/or Maintain automation tools/frameworks
- Execute and confirm automated/Manual test during release certification cycles
- Adhere to Data Driven approach to support Reporting and Metric driven Test Iterations
- Establish quality process & measurements to ensure software quality in a continuous integration environment
- Participate in a Kanban Team process as Team contributor to deliver features and increase the feature test coverage
- Identify & Obtain SME knowledge base on the System at Hand
- Collaborate with Cross team of developers and product to increase MERCHANT/ISSUER End to End test coverage, improve efficiency & effectiveness and promote best practices.
- Identify, record and document thoroughly the issues and track bugs
- Maintain and/or update documentation that communicates the standards and procedures
BS in Software Engineering, Computer Science, IS, or other related field
- Overall 4+ years of software engineering experience, worked on enterprise scale applications, services and delivered world class products
- 3+ years of software development or equivalent test automation experience
- Accomplished with Open Source Automation Framework tools (Java, Java script Eclipse, IntelliJ, SOAPUI, TestNG, Selenium, Jmeter and similar tools)
- Highly Skilled in JSON Methods and Encryption Methodology(s)
- Heavily Practiced in rational databases
- Experienced Debugger by reviewing log file validation on a LINUX/UNIX server, Splunk.
- Ability to Use and Obtain SME knowledge base to define and communicate writing test cases, test plans, and/or test strategies
- Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills along with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills.
- Agile methodology experience is required
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.