Staff Software Engineer
- Belfast, UK
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Belfast site has full life cycle responsibility for the delivery of products that are integral to the continued growth and success of CyberSource worldwide. At a site level, security best practice is at the forefront of everything we do. We strive to continually improve the availability and resiliency of our products to six 9s and beyond.
As a Staff Software Engineer within CyberSource you will take a “subject matter expert” role in the design, build, and enhancement of key products and will be responsible for driving technical strategy within the organisation.
In addition, you will be a pivotal technical leader within the CyberSource team to ensure the continued development of innovative and ingenious solutions for our client base. You will think globally and ensure we continue to architect high performance, scalable systems that are built the “right way”.
As a Staff Software Engineer with CyberSource you will:
- Be at the forefront of translating complex functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design.
- Have significant influence on our strategy by helping define and build the next wave of product features and system architecture.
- Champion Agile to drive change and continuous improvement throughout the delivery process.
- Utilise your sharp design and coding skills to create applications at a massive scale which are used by millions of people across the globe.
- Take a hands-on role in influencing and guiding day-to-day development activities by leading architecture decisions, participating in designs, design review, code review, and implementation.
- Be motivated by building elegant and maintainable systems that get the job done with minimal complexity.
- Be the ambassador for engineering best practice across the development lifecycle and champion continuous improvement across the site.
- Be an evangelist for Test-Driven Development and Continuous Deployment.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have a proven-track record within a technical lead role to produce innovative and simple solutions to complex problems.
- Be an established self-starter who possesses a relentless drive to initiate change, raise the technical bar and deliver results.
- Have expert knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle.
- Have experience in building scalable, reliable and high performance systems.
- Have expertise of Java, JEE technologies, REST and container based technologies.
- Be comfortable challenging the norm; always on the lookout for new technologies and working with fellow technologists to implement these into the work stream.
- Be equally content prototyping and tinkering with new applications as well operating within the rigour of making solutions production-ready.
- Be a passionate advocate for nurturing talent within CyberSource through technical coaching and mentoring etc.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and enjoy working in a highly iterative, agile and collaborative team environment.
- Have a BS in Software Engineering/Computer Science/IS, or other related field with demonstrable software engineering experience.
CyberSource is a wholly owned subsidiary of Visa Inc. CyberSource is an equal opportunity employer.
CyberSource (a Visa Inc. company) is a global leader in e-Commerce Payment Management. As part of CyberSource’s continued growth and expansion we are looking for talented, articulate and bright individuals who want to make a difference.
The Belfast centre has full life cycle responsibility for the delivery of products that are integral to the continued growth and success of CyberSource worldwide.
Some of the products we own can be found here: http://www.cybersource.com/products/payment_processing/ http://www.cybersource.com/products/payment_security/
Some of the technologies we use include: Java, JRuby, Docker, Docker Swarm, Chef, Splunk, Git
CyberSource is a wholly owned subsidiary of Visa Inc. CyberSource operates in Europe under agreement with Visa Europe