Sr SW Engineer, Backend (m/f/d)
- Poznań, Poland
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
- Work on payment capabilities for one of the card present platforms at Cybersource.
- Be a part of an international and distributed team working in Agile methodology.
- You will be responsible for developing new features via Kotlin and Java backend microservice.
- Deliver functionalities end to end: Design, tests, implementation, deploy and monitor
- Refactor and maintain current functionalities
- Apply security patches and updates to the platform
- 2 years of work experience with a bachelor’s degree or an advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD) and experience in:
- Java or Kotlin
- Spring framework
- Microservice architecture
- Docker / Kubernetes
- Clean code principles – SOLID, KISS, DRY, Clean Architecture
- 3 or more years of work experience or more than 2 years of work experience with an advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) and experience in:
- AWS (EC2, SQS, SNS, RDS, S3, EKS) or other cloud
- Application development lifecycle, CI/CD, nice to have Spinnaker
- Maintainable code via TDD/BDD principles
- Nice to have: Contract testing
- Nice to have: Vault
- 40 hours per week
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.