- Denver, CO, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
As a Staff SOFTWARE Engineer, in this Service Reliability Tools development team you will help design, enhance and build web applications using modern backend & frontend technologies in an agile development environment.
- You will be working with colleagues, who will help, support and challenge you every day. Development of complex browser based web application using latest web technology and pushing the boundaries of what's possible in creating web application are just part of your DNA.
- You will be working in a dynamic, agile & global development team and will get excellent experience that will help you throughout your career.
- We count on your curiosity and creativity, to want to understand the requirements and our processes and want to come up with creative solutions
- You have the passion to understanding people and to always striving to improve our products and services
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree
- Demonstrated experience with NodeJS and its frameworks (Ex. Express)
- Track record of building, deploying and scaling distributed, highly available, large scale, high performing applications
- Demonstrated experience with Java/Python
- Experience in database technologies including RDBMS and NoSQL databases (PostGres / MySQL / Cassandra) and experience writing high performing queries
- Demonstrated experience with REST, SOAP, JSON and XML.
- Knowledge of software development life cycle required
- Collaborate with UX designers and analyze user feedback to identify frictional workflows, then build tools to streamline those processes
- Develop with mobile-first approach for multiple mobile form factors.
- Previous use of GIT or Subversion for code management and versioning.
- Development of RESTful APIs, a huge plus.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.