Financial Analyst - Treasury FX
- 900 Metro Center Blvd., Foster City, CA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Foreign Exchange (FX) Financial Analyst fills a mission-critical role that impacts global VisaNet transactions and supports key Treasury, client settlement, and cash management activities.
The FX team sets over 160 exchange rates that impact millions of transactions, cardholders, merchants, and financial institutions every day. The team trades foreign currency to enable Issuers and Acquirers to settle with Visa in their chosen settlement currencies as well as to hedge Visa’s exposure to cash flows in foreign currency. The team also works closely with Corporate Cash Management when foreign currencies are involved. The team has both front-office and back-office responsibilities: setting up and executing trades, monitoring trade confirmations with counterparties, assigning correct settlement instructions, and managing collateral requirements.
- Daily FX Rate Setting of over 100 non-settlement currencies
- FX Backoffice operations
- trade matching
- provide trade settlement instructions
- hedging support
- daily mark-to-market of collateral accounts for margin call
- Problem solving when BAU processes have issues
- Process improvement
- validation of rate setting methodology
- reduce risk of errors
- Analytics to support client and cardholder questions
- Documentation of processes
- Cross train others
- Learn to cover other aspects of FX Ops like second check, trade setups, or hedging procedures
- Communicate effectively with all external and internal stakeholders
- Keys to success in this role include attention to detail, reliability, and consistency
- Problem solving and composure to deal with unexpected situations during production
- Strong analytical skills using MS Excel and other Office tools is required
- Prior FX and/or corporate treasury experience is a plus
- Experience with third-party tools, APIs, and data sources like Bloomberg, Reuters, FX trading platforms (FXALL & 360T), and SQL databases is a plus
- Adhere to a daily routine without allowing complacency to introduce errors
- Willingness to learn and continually improve processes; be intellectually curious
- Self-starter, team oriented, proactive, collaborative, flexible, and able to manage own projects in addition to daily production
This position is based in Foster City, CA and once we reopen our offices, the expectation is for this role to be onsite in the Foster City office. We are not provided relocation assistance for this role.
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- Relevant financial analysis work experience in FX, corporate treasury, banking, finance, or management consulting
- Advanced skills in MS Excel and other Office tools
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail, reliability, consistency, and a team player
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, engineering, accounting, mathematics, economics, sciences, or related quantitative field. MBA is a plus
- Experience with third-party tools, APIs, and data sources like Bloomberg, Reuters, FX trading platforms and associated confirmation matching services (FXALL, 360T, Misys), and SQL databases is a plus
- Outstanding analytical and quantitative skills; ability to resolve tough business problems with well-structured analyses
- Ability to cultivate relationships and communicate effectively cross-functionally and with all levels of management
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment and multi-task
- Attention to detail and accuracy are extremely critical
- Daily production deliverables are tied to FX market timing and VisaNet requirements, so availability and responsiveness during the workday is critical. Very limited flexibility during business hours.
- Because the global FX market is only closed for 3 holidays of the year (Christmas, New Year’s, and Memorial Day) the FX team is required to provide coverage on all other US holidays: Martin Luther King Day, President’s Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Indigenous People’s (Columbus) Day, Veteran’s Day, and Thanksgiving
- Team members rotate for holiday coverage, and worked holiday is made up with an additional PTO day
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0% of the time.
- This position is based in Foster City, CA and once we reopen our offices, the expectation is for this role to be onsite in the Foster City office. We are not provided relocation assistance for this role.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and/or stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.