Application Programmer Analyst
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”
This role is responsible for contributing to the overall integrity and availability of all batch applications running on the IBM z/OS390 platform.
This is an individual contributor role responsible for solving problems that have a medium to large impact on the business.
- Candidate will be responsible for maintenance and support of all batch applications running on the IBM z/OS390 platform.
- Perform 2nd and 3rd level Incident & Problem determination and resolution for any issues detected in the Production and/or Development environments
- Work with application software development on the implementation and support of software maintenance releases.
- Support new client implementations on the IBM z/OS390 platform.
- Perform proactive activities designed to promote a trouble free production environment.
- Provide technical assistance to Client Services, Network Operations, and Implementations.
- Assist in the testing and certification of new DPS software and clients.
- Work with network operations and technical support to identify and implement application fixes and enhancements to increase efficiency and ease of use.
- Participate in on- call rotation for the 24x7 support model.
- College degree in computer science, computer engineering, computer information systems or equivalent work experience in data processing.
- 3-5 years support and/or development role experience on the IBM z/OS390 batch application.
- 3-5 years support and/or development role experience in COBOL/JCL.
- 3-5 years general knowledge of EFT settlement and transaction processing.
- 3-5 years support and/or development role experience using FILE-AID.
- 1+ years support and/or development role experience using ESP, CA7 or another scheduling software is a plus.
- Connex/Advantage experience is a plus.
- REXX experience is a plus.
- Collaborative, team oriented style.
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Leadership and mentoring skills.
- Ability to work independently exhibiting strong multitasking and time management skills.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good communication (oral & written) skills including the ability to translate technical issues/concepts into ways for non-technical staff to understand.
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.