Senior Director, Digital Consulting Lead, VCA, Asia Pacific
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa Consulting & Analytics (VCA) is Visa's consulting division, serving Visa's clients (including card issuers, acquirers and merchants) and solving their strategic problems focused on improving performance and profitability. Drawing on our expertise in strategy consulting, payments, data analytics, marketing, operational and macroeconomics, VCA drives high impact and tangible financial results. In Asia Pacific (AP), VCA has geographically focused teams and the Center of Excellence (COE) team, which provides expertise in specific industry or functional verticals (Digital, Risk, Business Solutions, Acquiring & Merchant)
What the Senior Director, Lead Digital & Open Data Practice, Visa Consulting & Analytics does at Visa:
Reporting to the Head of the Center of Excellence team, the Senior Director Lead of the Digital & Open Data Practice will lead a team and act as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) on Digital Payments and Open Banking for Asia Pacific. This individual will lead consulting engagements to help Visa clients address challenges and opportunities related to Digital Payments transformation. Consulting engagements will allow Visa clients define strategic directions, enhance channels and improve infrastructure and servicing. We are looking for motivated, analytically minded individuals with a track record of building strong consultative teams
Key responsibilities for the Senior Director, Lead of the Digital & Open Data Practice:
- Lead the development of VCA’s Digital and Open Data advisory offerings and engagement delivery in Asia Pacific to help Visa clients protect and grow payments across digital channels
- Develop trusted advisor relationships with senior client executives through impactful consulting engagements
- Act as the Open Banking regional expert for Asia Pacific helping Visa clients define and execute on their payments strategy given the changing landscape
- Proactively engage with clients and Visa client leadership in regular strategic & planning discussions; cultivate and manage a pipeline of work with clients
- Partner with peers in other functional areas (e.g., product, marketing, risk, innovation) to execute projects in ways that leverage the breadth and depth of Visa’s resources
- Create a deep understanding of client needs, market conditions, and industry trends and align to VCA’s Open Banking and Digital consulting offerings
- Initiate and execute Thought Leadership projects on the future of payment and retail banking to our clients and partners
- Lead the development of intellectual capital in a key area of digital payments strategy
- Provide knowledge sharing, coaching and training across functional teams and/or regions
- Speak in public events to place Visa as thought leader and market benchmark in payments, innovation, digital, client partnerships among other areas
Why this is important to Visa
With a rapid change in the payment landscape, new regulations around Open banking and Open data and the emergence of new Fintech players – the payment ecosystem is rapidly evolving and our clients are looking to Visa as the payment experts to help them navigate through the opportunities and challenges that these changes pose. Visa with its global reach and rich transaction data set is ideally positioned to assist merchants solve their strategic business problems and drive growth. We are looking for an individual to join us as a Senior Director Lead of the Merchants Vertical. This individual will be in charge of expanding VCA consulting engagements with merchants to drive new revenue streams.
What you will need:
Specific skill-set and experience required:
- 15+ years of experience including 10 years of leadership experience in a consulting firm or financial service organizations
- Strong knowledge of the payments industry landscape and developments, consumer trends and regulatory changes in Asia Pacific and globally
- Strong understanding of Open Banking with practical experience in advising Financial Institutions on the topic
- Excellent client relationship management with strong sales orientation, experience selling major projects/ideas to senior management
- Strong executive presence and ability to effectively engage with C-level executives
- Ability to influence people and work across boundaries to execute highly complex deals with multiple interests involve. Ability to build the intellectual capital of the digital consulting practice in key areas of payments
- High intellectual capability evidenced by strong analytical skills
- Proven ability to drive innovation and lead change in successful top tier companies
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- BA/BS required.
- Willingness to travel 25%+
What will also help:
- Direct relevant experience in consulting roles and or payment / technology firms
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the evolving visa/travel restrictions in place, we are currently only able to extend offers to candidates with the right to work in Singapore. We are keeping the situation under close review and will adjust accordingly should the restrictive measures be lifted.