- London, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team — we’re proud to be a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. We understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office: whether it’s taking advantage of agile working schedules or our wellness programmes, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market-leading compensation and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
What’s it all about?
Are your investigative skills worthy of CSI? Do your data visualisations make Tufte envious? Do you speak fluent SQL? Do you dream in code? If so, we want to hear from you — together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
We are seeking a passionate and ambitious Data Scientist to partner with Visa Consulting & Analytics and co-develop data-driven solutions to help Visa’s clients grow their businesses.
What we expect of you, day to day
- Be a strategic partner to Visa Consulting & Analytics in the delivery of Data Science projects from ideation to client implementation
- Translate loosely defined problems into actionable recommendations, leading to value realisation
- Develop a deep understanding of Visa’s data assets and how they can be used to enhance client profitability across acquisition, usage and retention
- Identify trends in our client work to inform Visa’s data product development path
You must have:
- Mid-level experience solving problems with real-world data
- Strong statistical knowledge and proven expertise in applying statistical solutions to business problems
- Understanding of the steps required in cleaning and transforming datasets
- Solid relational modelling (SQL) and programming skills (preferably in Python, R or Scala)
You might have:
- A degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics or other quantitative discipline
- Experience in payments or banking
- Commercial experience with Big Data systems such as Hadoop and Spark, end-to-end implementation of ML systems, and/or Software Engineering best practices such as VCS and CI/CD
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.