Senior Technical Account Manager
- Tokyo, Japan
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
What the Senior Technical Account Manager for Japan does at Visa:
This is a Senior Technical Account Manager position in the Client Services organization, where you will be the authoritative subject matter expert based in Japan for Visa Business Solutions Products. This role will handle difficult and mildly complex product issues and be responsible for the resolution of issues that are escalated into the Technology organization.
Technical Account Managers are the face of Visa’s support organization to Visa’s clients and represent these clients internally to business, product and technology teams. You will need to have a strong collaborative mindset, strong technical aptitude along with executive level written and oral communications skills. In addition to these skills, a Technical Account Manager will need to have strong analytical skills and is required to become technical knowledge expert to multi-functional business teams around them. This position is an individual contributor role, which forms a part of a larger team.
You will be accountable for supporting clients in Japan for all VBS solutions. This includes managing the operational side of the client relationship and identifying and enabling the right services and capabilities to drive growth and optimize the client relationship.
In this role, you are expected to:
- Provide high value customer service support on day-to-day items to Visa Clients and internal staff to ensure customer expectations are exceeded; be the voice of the client.
- Proactively notify clients regarding any widespread or business critical problems with the application, as well as scheduled periodic maintenance outages.
- Participate in cross functional customer service delivery initiatives across clients and Visa internal teams.
- Coordinate internal resources to accomplish Visa and client objectives.
- Drive problem and communication management for any critical issue affecting a client, or client issue affecting Visa
- Build and enhance positive working relationships with key clients and internal stakeholders.
- Report customer project accomplishments and deliverables to senior management.
- Engage Technology and Product organizations to regularly review and identify permanent solutions to frequently encountered operational issues.
- Educate and train clients on best practices for Visa Business Solutions products.
- Represent difficult and mildly complex customer change requests, system or operational requirements; negotiate and manage expectations internally and externally
- Develop and manage operational initiatives, special projects and client-driven continuous improvement plans.
- On call support and possible weekend hours.
Why this is important to Visa
The Senior Technical Account Manager is vital in helping Visa to deliver against the operational needs of a key market, allowing us to provide the right support and partnership that recognises client specific requirements. This role provides an excellent opportunity to grow Visa’s business in Japan by driving value to our clients through effective, customer centric support.
What you will need:
We are looking for an individual who brings breadth of experience, a curiosity about payments, is results-driven and client focused. As a candidate, you should have:
- Effectively Bilingual in Japanese and English.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in an external facing role as Technical Support in the financial services, payment industry, software or information services is required.
- Experience working with API, file based batching processing and SFTP file transfer is required.
- Previous Technical Support experience with Credit Card solutions like Central Travel Account, Virtual Cards or Expense Management solutions is strongly preferred.
- Able to effectively communicate at all levels, and be comfortable interacting with Senior Executives &/or other Senior level client and internal contacts
- Demonstrated ability to articulate technical terms or processes into business language
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven abilities in negotiating with and influencing clients and staff at the working level
- Excellent time management, organization, and planning skills
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills.
What will also help:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology
- A preferred candidate would have a broad operational experience relating to credit card solutions (travel, Virtual and Expense management) and be able to relate the operational needs of the client to their business drivers. They would be committed to excelling with partners, with a record of accomplishment in understanding, anticipating and delivering the client’s needs. The ideal candidate would lead by example, taking accountability to organize across the company deliver at the highest standard.
Projects you will be a part of:
As part of the team, you will get opportunity to work on strategically important projects for clients and Visa
- Working with the in-country team to expand the business in Japan
- Working with regional and global client services counterparts deliver a seamless client experience.
- Understanding the new products and services requirements and Coordinate internal resources to accomplish Visa and client objectives
Due to the impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic in Japan, we are currently unable to consider applicants based overseas who would require immigration sponsorship to live and work in Japan.