Technical Program Analyst
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Visa Technology Planning and Program Management (PPM) team in the Operations and Infrastructure group is looking for a Program Manager to lead and direct large complex end-to-end IT initiatives. In this role you’ll lead initiatives at the heart of Visa’s growth strategy, be at the center of teams working to solve some of the most challenging growth, scale and resiliency problems, all while delivering new features, products and services to customers across the global payments and financial services marketplace.
You’ll work across the solution stack and technology domains (compute, storage, database, network, middleware, etc.) interacting with the some of the best and brightest engineers, architects, and product leads pushing the boundaries of what’s achievable in delivering new and innovative payment solutions to the masses.
You’ll need a solid technical foundation of both depth and breadth to guide teams in planning, designing and delivering large-scale highly resilient platforms and services to our customers. Your passion for excellence coupled with uncompromising standards and a positive principle-centered approach to leadership will help lift the programs you lead to new levels of performance.
- With training assist in the creation and formation of IT infrastructure design/blueprints required to support services and applications being planned for deployment into Non-production and Production environments
- Ability to deploy IT infrastructure leveraging Visa's Private Cloud and standard end-to-end provisioning processes
- Learn, support and maintain compliance with Visa Cybersecurity policies and procedures
- Work closely with cross-functional groups including internal stakeholders (Product Managers, Engineers, Architects, etc.), and external customers and vendors to plan, design, develop and deliver hardware and software systems, platforms and solutions
- Bring a customer focused mindset with the ability to multi-task and manage conflicting priorities
- Assist with administering change control, creating accurate and inclusive estimates, developing budgets, and project schedules while proactively mitigating risks that could impact project milestones and deliverables
- Comfortable leading discussions and communicating regularly with leadership on program status and escalations
- Assist with the development of delivery roadmaps that align strategic business objectives with technology delivery plans
- Work with virtual teams located in different time zones and with differing cultures
- Use abilities to positively influence customers and stakeholders, and properly manage divergent expectations
- Improve team processes that accelerate innovation, reduce cost and/or improve quality
- Tracking and management of IT Infrastructure Program/Project initiative scope, schedule and budget
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, IT/CIS/MIS, Cybersecurity or a related technical field.
- Strong communications skills, specifically the absence of repeated grammatical or typographical errors, clear and concise written and spoken communications, and communication that demonstrates sound professional judgment.
- 4+ years of work experience in a Technical discipline (software engineering, IT program/project management, etc. with large complex enterprise IT systems hardware and/or software design, development, deployment and support initiatives operating in high availability computing environments) or 2+ years of work experience with an Advanced Technical Degree (e.g., Masters/MBA/JD/MD), or at least 1 year of work experience with a PhD.
- Undergrad or Graduate major, minor or coursework in Cybersecurity or a similar technical field
- Any experience (the more the better) supporting and/or managing Cybersecurity compliance projects
- Any experience (the more the better) supporting and/or managing Cybersecurity finding resolution for example tracking people or teams in resolving security issues or risks to closure, tracking the resolution of security vulnerabilities, etc.)
- Experience building security reporting, dashboards, etc.
- Experience or aptitude with IT security business process assessment, development, mapping, etc.
- PMP or similar Program or Project Management Certification
- Experience with Waterfall and Agile (SCRUM, XP, Lean & Kanban, etc.) methodologies
- Experience with MS Project, Clarity, Rally, Jira tools
- ITIL v3 Certification
Work Authorization: authorization to work in India is a precondition of employment for this position. Visa will not sponsor applicants for work visas in connection with this position.
- Requires availability to have calls and meetings with teams in the North America and Europe time zones on a regular basis. Candidate must have flexibility working hours to support customer needs in other time zones.
- This position may require the incumbent to travel for work 5-10% of the time
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.