Senior Manager – Digital Engagement, Media Partnerships & Country Marketing, IPVMC
- Manila, Metro Manila, Philippines
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Indonesia, Philippines, Vietnam, Myanmar and Cambodia (IPVMC) Marketing team drives business growth through impactful, data-driven and market-relevant marketing – both Visa-led and through our clients and partners. Main KPIs we drive are around maintaining the strength of our brand health in our 5 markets, helping drive country agenda and metrics, and partnering with clients on marketing campaigns that drive common goals.
What a Senior Manager, Digital Engagement, Media Partnerships and Country Marketing Support does at Visa:
Reporting to the Head of Marketing, IPVMC, this role is responsible for leading Media, Digital and Data partnerships & transformation across all marketing initiatives across Indonesia, Philippines, Vietnam, Cambodia and Myanmar (IPVMC cluster) (at 80% capacity). Dotted-line reporting to the Head of Marketing, Philippines & Guam, this role likewise supports country marketing for Philippines and Guam (20% capacity).
A robust understanding of the media landscape & data ecosystems, combined with deep exposure to traditional, digital and newer media platforms are critical to success in this role. This role requires an analytical and innovative thinker who works closely with Measurement/Insights, Hub leads and agency partners to deliver high-quality, cross-channel media programs and data strategies.
- Lead development and deployment of media strategy for all key initiatives and track adherence in the tactical media plans
- Establish and track KPI metrics to be used to evaluate ongoing campaign performance
- Subject matter expert across all channels of media discipline – programmatic, search, social, mobile - towards more effectively targeting and optimization of messaging end customers using data.
- Lead and support our “Value Added Services” through Digital Acquisition, Real-time Creative Personalization and Marketing Data Strategy, delivering best-in-class media thinking to our end clients
- Work closely with the AP Data lead, lead Visa’s data transformation strategy for the cluster, dramatically increasing our 1P audience data and engagement with audiences through more powerful, cut-through media innovations
- Manage and promote key web and digital platforms including owned, earned and paid digital & social platforms to move the business metrics. This includes working with AP Data lead, managing external agency, support on content development, platform evolution, systems & delivery and optimisation through Google Analytics.
- Incubate and manage new media partnerships and platforms working closely with AP Head of Media, Digital and Data to ensure alignment with the business needs and the needs of clients
- Develop and share best practice media platforms and programs at scale with other in-country media and market leads
- Manage and guide day-to-day relationships with agency partners with inspiration, thoughtfulness and mutual respect
- Provide strategic rigour & media/channel innovation to the planning & implementation of creative ideas
- Work in a highly collaborative manner, across internal stakeholders and external partners
- Influence over IPVMC media budget including contract negotiation and fee oversight with agencies
- Identify proactive opportunities to drive revenue through digital and data
- Manage the cross-border data driven strategy, including dynamic creative and act as the marketing lead in the Business Focus Area when travel resumes
Why this is important to Visa
This role delivers on the ambition of the IPVMC Marketing Team to drive business growth through impactful, data-driven and market-relevant marketing. The role is crucial in the realisation of this goal, and the successful candidate will be at the forefront of bringing innovation to the way we plan and execute marketing campaigns, media and digital partnerships.
What you will need:
- A robust understanding of the media landscape & data ecosystems, combined with deep exposure to traditional, digital and newer media platforms are critical to success in this role.
- Significant experience in programmatic, search, paid social, mobile, DMP, and any other emerging marketing technologies, particularly in acquisition and usage campaigns
- Demonstrable ability to connect the dots between data, insights, marketing strategy, and business to drive media excellence
- Guide the development of an effective owned platform data strategy and work closely with AP Hub Media team, creative and client marketing team.
- Sales experience/expertise and confidence in presenting/advising clients
- An analytical and innovative thinker who works closely with Measurement/Insights, Hub leads and agency partners to deliver high-quality, cross-channel media programs and data strategies.
- Familiarity with general marketing principles, ideally some experience in brand marketing, will also be helpful.
What will also help:
- Experience in managing/influencing the integrated media landscape in IPVMC
- Media agency planning experience preferred
- Financial services industry experience is a plus
Qualifications & Skills
- 8-10 years in a media agency, digital sales or client side role
- Proven experience in cross channel strategy and execution including audience targeting, programmatic, search, paid social, mobile and DMP management
- Experience working with a variety of ad tech platforms
- Proven understanding of digital platforms and channel strategies
- Strategic and innovative thinker with commercial acumen also capable of strong execution
- Strong communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Strong self-management skills including demonstrable drive and energy
- Proactive thinking and desire to take risks to test and learn
Projects you will be a part of:
You’ll be the single point of contact for IPVMC markets for all media (offline + online) planning, buying, optimization, and tracking requirements across B2C & B2B initiatives. You will likewise be at the forefront of the creation, planning and delivery of our Media & Data VAS requirements (Digital Acquisition, Marketing Data Strategy, Real-time creative personalization). You will also be involved in supporting brand campaigns for Philippines and Guam.