Senior Product Manager - SME Growth Initiatives
- London, UK
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
What we expect of you, day to day.
SMEs are the backbone of Europe’s economy. With Visa’s vision to be the best way for SMEs to pay and be paid, our aim in Europe is to become more deeply embedded into the lives of SMEs, to help them start, run and grow their businesses, so they can really thrive. Now, more than ever, SMEs are a key focal point for Visa: and our public commitment to digitally enabling 8 million more SMEs in Europe during the recovery period, demonstrates the level of priority Visa places on this important segment.
Visa Business Solutions’ goal is to ensure that Visa is the best way for businesses to pay. We help businesses succeed by providing innovative and secure B2B payment solutions. As commerce continues moving further towards digital-first experiences, businesses everywhere must have contemporary payment systems and processes in order to keep pace and grow. In the VBS SME product team, it’s up to us to define the role Visa and its partners, can play.
This is a full time role (Senior Manager), based in London.
- This role is designed to help Visa and Visa Business Solutions unlock the significant growth potential in SME in Europe. You will work with Visa members to define and deliver on the SME product innovation roadmap, with a focus on unlocking new routes to growth in this segment. The nature of this role is such that you will be able to identify, qualify, quantify and deliver growth opportunities through new products and propositions, within the quickly evolving SME landscape.
- You will support issuers across our European base, and will be required to work closely with Visa Business Solutions colleagues, Account Executives, Merchant Sales and Acquiring team, and other functional partners to deliver on our ambition for Visa to be the best way for SMEs to Pay and Be Paid
- Aligning to the global product strategy, you will establish and develop product delivery roadmaps for SME products and propositions, and be responsible for their implementation and deployment
- You will be a subject matter expert to external and internal stakeholders. You will have a strong understanding of the issues and challenges for small businesses, with an appreciation of European markets, that you can leverage effectively.
- In support of driving growth in the segment, you will be the SME subject matter expert to support client and prospect engagement. Specifically, your SME expertise and insights will provide value to:
- Support Account Executives and Sales teams in maintaining and strengthening their relationships with existing issuers
- Support Sales teams in building new relationships with issuers and partners
- Represent VBS’ SME expertise both internally and externally, to ensure strong visibility and awareness of our growth plan and commitment to this segment
- Alongside the rest of the SME team, you will share responsibility for financials and governance for the SME products, and work to growth targets and plans. You will understand the financials of the product set.
- You will be comfortable in working in a matrix environment with stakeholders in Visa and in our key customer organisations.
- You will have a good understanding of the regulatory requirements and ensure compliance for all initiatives
What we're after...
- The successful applicant will have extensive experience in the development and commercialisation of new products and propositions
- Deep knowledge of the SME segment, preferably gained through a service provider or Fintech working in the segment
- An ability to define and deliver product-oriented growth strategies which define key new product or partner requirements which will unlock new routes to revenue growth
- Ability to work with a senior leadership team and build a credible reputation amongst stakeholder group
- Proven international experience and understanding global payment systems.
- Comfort in working in a matrix environment and ability to work through ambiguity and change.
- Confidence and maturity to work in a remote environment, with a strong degree of self-direction and accountability with a focus on delivery
- High orientation towards teamwork, good attitude towards cross functional working
- Influencing skills with be a critical part of this role. You must be able to influence both internal and external business partners, and have the credibility to negotiate, strong relationship skills to gain confidence of clients, and the ability to establish open and transparent relationships.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills are critical.
- One or more European languages is a plus.
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.
information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.