Lead Cybersecurity Systems Administrator - Identity and Access Management
- Austin, TX, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Identity and Access Management (IAM) team is responsible for securing employee access to our core applications in the most efficient, compliant and user-friendly manner, innovatively using the latest industry standards and tools. Our goal is to become the gold standard for IAM worldwide, and we are already on our way, recently winning Oracle’s annual Identity Management Innovation award.
Visa's IAM eco-system includes an extensive, and highly customized, rich Identity Management platform implementation. The team has successfully implemented many of the core components. With a constant moving and expending environment, the IAM team is exploring all processes and technology to expend the security coverage and improve the end user experience. With the additional features and the goal of extensive coverage comes a higher level of complexity, criticality, overall usage, and dependency on the environment.
We are seeking an experienced Cybersecurity Systems Administrator with development background to become a member of our Global team of IAM experts to lead and influence further development, operations, and support of the IAM environment as well as collaborate with Visa ecosystem IT teams and Cybersecurity stakeholders.
The successful candidate will have a fundamental understanding of networking and security concepts as well as hands-on in-depth experience with a programming/scripting language.
- In concert with key stakeholders, establish a strategic operating model for all Design horizontals and verticals in order to enable an industry-leading product design practice internally and externally.
- Develop standard scalable methods to drive effectiveness of internal processes to manage talent, workflow, capacity, governance, tools, productivity, quality, and cost
- Champion Evangelize an internal design culture that raises the bar on performance, expectations, and outcomes to deliver outsized impact that can be evangelized externally
- Plan and facilitate initiatives and workshops with key cross-functional leadership to enable transparency, alignment and contact awareness
- Demonstrate proactive change management, crafting a shared narrative for transformation with stakeholders to align goals, link strategies and define the future state for the Design organization
- Take ownership of a Privilege Access Management components like UPM, Password Vault or SUDO solutions, manage its asset lifecycle, resolve its vulnerability findings, ensures successful completion of disaster recovery exercise and be responsible of its availability according to SLA.
- Drive Lead initiative to implement installation and patching mechanism for self-healing solutions or bulk platform install/updates.
- Work closely with Management, Development team, and the Quality Assurance team to communicate production issues and propose solutions
- Design and implement Service metrics and activity reports
- Design and implement monitoring tools for IAM solution outage, performance degradation or reported service errors.
- Work within a globally distributed team of IAM team members and customers; sometimes having to provide support outside of normal business hours and on weekends.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (CS) or related field, and 8-12 overall years of experience with specified minimal years in the following:
- Operation management in premises and or in Clouds (5+ years)
- Administering and deploying Tier 0 / Tier 1 services (5+ years)
- Troubleshooting applications in a complex network environment and writing situation report to prevent future occurrence of event (5+ years)
- Administering disaster recovery solution, troubleshooting, and optimizing High Availability solutions (5+ years)
- Cloud service deployment and administration (3+ years)
- Excellent organizational skills: able to work with a vast array of information and able to cope with rapidly changing information
- ITIL certified
Work Hours & Position Location
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core Central Time Zone business hours.
- Incumbent will be required to provide support outside of normal business hours and on weeks on a rotational on-call support basis; a company-issued mobile phone will be issued and the incumbent is required to carry it.
Authorization to work in the U.S. in a preferential precondition of employment for this position. It is preferred that Visa will not sponsor applicants for work visas in connection with this position.
This position does not require the incumbent to travel
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.