Data Science Analyst
- Sydney NSW, Australia
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Visa's Data Science team is a high-performing team of data scientists, data analysts, statisticians, and business analysts from a variety of countries – serving major FIs and merchants within Asia Pacific. We are looking for a hands-on person who is result oriented, highly organized and focused to delivered industry leading analytics solutions
What a Data Science Analyst does at Visa:
The Data science Analyst for Australia, who will be reporting to the Director of Data Science for Australia, is expected to be having excellent at problem-solving skills using advanced analytics/ Machine learning/ AI with a sharp focus on execution. The candidate will be working with colleagues across the organization to help shape Visa and partner’s business strategies by mining and interpreting data, generate relevant and meaningful insights that informs the strategy.
The incumbent is expected to be hands on and will have the required knowhow to work with big data using cutting-edge machine learning/ AI solutions. The role will have to closely collaborate with data science analysts, members of the broader team in Visa Consulting and Analytics and other business stakeholders.
The role would be focused on the broader Australia and New Zealand market and will be based in Sydney.
- Work with large, complex data to measure results, build and develop predictive models, non-routine analysis problems, applying advanced analytical methods as needed; Conduct end-to-end analysis that includes data gathering and requirements specification, processing, analysis, ongoing deliverables, and presentations.
- Development and application of new methodologies and analytic techniques, promoting best practices in the field.
- Build well-managed data solutions, tools and capabilities to enable self-service frameworks for internal/external stakeholders
- Collaborating with the internal teams to fully understand business requirements and desired business outcomes
- Providing thought leadership in both using data to solve business problems and in arriving at innovative statistical solutions
- Ensuring all project documentation is up to date and maintain the highest levels of quality in deliverables
- Ensuring project delivery within timelines and budget requirements
- Contribute to the development of the team’s analytical skills and expertise.
- Cultivates open and clear communications across team members and stakeholders
What you will need:
- Hands on experience in Data Science through university courses or through work experience
- Subject matter expert in analytics especially in areas of analytical methodologies
- Able to connect data visualisation insights with business problem
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor
- Must be team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible, with excellent presentation skills, including strong oral and writing capabilities
- Global mindset, desire and demonstrated ability to work cross-culturally across a matrixed organization
- Excellent communicator – should have the capability to translate numbers to business insight
- Ability to execute and solve problems independently
What will also help:
- Proficiency in coding skills using SQL, Hive, Python, R, Spark and Pyspark on large datasets
- Competency in data visualisation and data visualisation software such as Tableau, Power BI etc.
- Competent understanding of the recommender system, classification techniques, graph theory, bayesian, time series and regression models are recommended
- Proficiency with collaboration tools within Microsoft Office 365 is required
- Experience and in-depth knowledge of the cards and payments business are preferred
At Visa, your individuality fits right in and we embrace inclusion and diversity of thought. We are committed to creating the kind of workplace where you want to be and we can facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements for you.