Finance - Client Billing and Accounts Receivable
- Employees can work remotely
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
This role is responsible for all aspects of the clients billing and the related accounts receivable and accounting activities, ensuring timeliness, accuracy of inputs/outputs relating to member billing activities as well as compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Practice and the local statutory laws. This hands-on role requires strong accounting and business acumen with the desire and ability to challenge the status quo to improve the effectiveness, efficiency, and performance of the function
- Responsible for onboarding new customers including sanctions checking
- Updating the pricing in the billing system for new customers / changed pricing
- Managing Work Orders / credit notes and its approval / issuance
- Process and maintain control of the Billing System, generating the monthly billing run.
- Reviewing and prepare customer invoices to ensure timeliness of and accuracy of billing to clients and resolve all billing issues / queries to achieve a high level of stakeholder satisfaction.
- Collaborate with business partners and billing developers to define comprehensive requirements to drive billing system solutions. Execute User Acceptance Testing process and validation of system changes
Manage the Accounts Receivable collection process – collecting credit card payments, reconciling accounts, preparing monthly AR report for sales team and credit control to ensure debts are collected promptly
Why this is important to Visa
The Billing Operations team is responsible for the delivery of clients’ invoices and driving its associated collection. Implementing and maintaining effective processes and systems are key to delivering this objective.
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, accounting, auditing or related quantitative field.
- This position requires a least 8 years of relevant work experience
- Experience in working on complex problems and systems
- Strong systems knowledge (Excel, PowerPoint, Oracle, Power BI, etc). Prior experience with Oracle Financials, ORMB, MS Dynamics or other billing systems is a plus
- Detail-oriented with proven ability to work independently and in a team-oriented environment with minimal supervision
- Self-motivated and be willing to utilize and learn new technology to solve problems
- Strong organizational skills, ability to plan, organize, and adapt within a multi-tasking environment, requiring simultaneous management of multiple issues and deliverables
- Ability to cultivate effective relationships and communicate effectively cross-functionally with all levels of management
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse cross-functional team and produce time sensitive deliverables
What will also help:
- Excellent business ethics
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Change management experience
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the evolving visa/travel restrictions in place, we are currently only able to extend offers to candidates with the right to work in Singapore. We are keeping the situation under close review and will adjust accordingly should the restrictive measures be lifted.