Finance Manager, AP Deal Desk, FP&A
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Finance Manager position will support the Senior Director of AP Deal Desk to manage the incentive partnership deals and approval processes across Asia Pacific markets
Key responsibilities include:
- Support the review of Client Incentives deal proposals submitted for approvals to AP Geographic Incentive Group (GIG) and to the DealMaker system and collaborate with internal stakeholders, including Finance Business Partners and business teams, to improve quality of deal proposals
- Support managing incentive deal approval process, assisting in putting in place an efficient process that meets business needs and internal governance and compliance requirements
- Serve as the subject matter expert (SME) on deal pro-forma models and manage the maintenance and enhancements of the models to meet business needs through close collaboration with Global Client Incentives (GCI) team
- Manage and maintain a Client Incentive database that effectively meets business needs and provide ad-hoc support to management on incentive-related analysis
- Assist in deal performance tracking and reporting, and support the compiling and sharing of best practices on deal structuring and other key learnings from GIG sessions
- Prepare monthly and quarterly Client Incentive reports for management reviews and in compliance with Global Client Incentives Operating Standards
- Communicate successfully with all levels of management, and collaborate with other internal stakeholders (e.g., Legal, Finance, Contract Management etc.) to ensure that resulting client contracts are produced and executed efficiently and meets internal governance and compliance requirements
- Perform robust financial analysis and be able to succinctly outline and present key drivers, themes and risks while applying business and financial acumen to explain underlying drivers of results across multiple scenarios
- Operate with minimal supervision with excellent work ethics, and able to make informed, well-reasoned decisions independently. Thrive on an environment that is fast-paced, rapidly changing and customer service-oriented
- Minimum requirement: Bachelor’s degree in Finance (Accountancy/ Business) or equivalent
- Professional qualifications such as CPA, CFA desirable but not necessary
- At least 7 years of relevant post qualification experience with a recognized, performance-driven multi-national company
- Experience in a finance-related discipline is preferred
- Payments industry experience and knowledge of Visa business is an advantage
- Advanced level in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint; knowledgeable in VBA/ Macros a plus
- Excellent analytical, modeling and quantitative skills; able to identify and model challenging business problems with well-structured analyses and quantifiable financial impact
- Experience using TM1 would be an advantage
- Conceptual knowledge of financial database is beneficial
- Good knowledge of accounting principles
- Prior experience successfully communicating with and presenting to senior-level executives
- Excellent business partnering and interpersonal skills
- Strong business acumen and attention to details; experience in working with cross-functional work teams
- Ability to facilitate lively discussion with ability to quickly test findings and assertions against a financial body of knowledge
- A team player capable of delivering on multiple initiatives on tight timelines
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the evolving visa/travel restrictions in place, we are currently only able to extend offers to candidates with the right to work in Singapore. We are keeping the situation under close review and will adjust accordingly should the restrictive measures be lifted.