Senior Manager, Software Engineering - Merchant & Terminal Management (m/f/d)
- Poznań, Poland
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
You will manage the technology related to one product area for our Cybersource Ready Terminals offering. You will manage multiple international, distributed teams working in Scrum methodology. As part of your role, you will help the team as a servant leader to become self-service, independent, and efficient.
As all development teams in the organization are mission teams, you will be responsible to set up teams that can deliver against their mission end-to-end – implement, write tests, deploy and perform QA across various technology stacks (crossing backend, frontend, and mobile solutions if necessary). You will help the team to take full ownership for the product solutions and technical components they create.
Essential for this job is the ability to put yourself into the background. You should enable others to strive and be successful. Your goal is setting up the technical teams for an entire product area that can deliver self-service, independent, and efficient against their mission. You get satisfaction from the success of your teams and do not require to be put into the spotlight.
- Build and maintain high performing teams; hire and retain the right talent in the right role
- Develop and empower teams to make appropriate technical decisions on next generation terminal management and birthing technology solutions. Help the team to factor in business drivers into the technical decision process
- Demonstrate Visa’s core values and maintain a positive and open demeanor
- Foster a culture of teamwork, collaboration and mentoring
- Manage teams in alignment with forecast models
- Partner with Product counterpart for the product vertical area that your technical teams are working for to identify a clear business vision & requirements
- Manage development teams by setting clear business mission and expectations
- Implement technical flexible teams that are mature enough to work in a self-service and independent fashion with their product owners
- Encourage & educate the teams to work collaboratively with senior management, architecture and business to develop broadly acceptable solutions
- Set clear goals and objectives for the team and derive career development plans for your individual team members from it
- Successfully steer and progress the career development of high potentials in your team
- Drive consistency in artifacts and deliverables, budgets, and resource planning. Support your business partner in the yearly budget planning exercises for the integration technology vertical
- Identify process improvements and/or improvements to the team performance and help your teams to become aware of those & become better as a team
- Be an expert in the product vertical that your technical teams are working for and help the teams to define clear team missions for their contribution to the vertical
- Help the team to build the necessary domain knowledge around EMV and terminal management technology by having the necessary expertise yourself on domain relevant topics
- Take and help the teams to take complete responsibility & accountability for the product development work and oversee software release implementations when required
- Help the teams to design and develop highly quality, high uptime, scalable and fault-tolerant solutions which solve the merchant needs around terminal management capabilities
- 8 years of relevant work experience managing full life cycles of products and overseeing software release implementations with a Bachelor’s Degree or 5 or more years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 2 years of work experience with a PhD
- 9+ years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 7 or more relevant years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3+years of experience with a PhD
- Experience with the following technologies – Java, Relation databases, NoSQL databases, queue infrastructure
- Agile development methodology experience (Scrum/Kanban)
- Good understanding of EMV standard and the basic knowledge about the certification process around EMV acceptance technology
- Experience in managing large scale, high availability, and high quality deployments of solutions
- Experience in managing multiple scrum teams with direct people management responsibilities
- Experience in creating, reporting, and aligning the budget for a complete product vertical
- Strong analytical, problem determination and customer engagement skills
- (Optional) experience in managing teams with mobile and/or frontend related technical components to steer the team into a full stack working model to be most efficient as a mission team
- 40 hours per week
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.
We are open to hiring in Munich, Germany or Poznań, Poland