Director, Client Access Readiness
- Ashburn, VA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Global Client Services works with issuers, acquirers, processors and merchants worldwide to develop and deliver the support model for Visa Inc. This includes day-to-day operations and product support, back office support and customer performance reporting. Within the Global Client Services organization, Global Client Readiness is comprised of regionally focused teams of project managers and subject matter experts who enable adoption of new Visa products, services and initiatives while looking after the overall operational health of clients processing through VisaNet. This is an operational manager role responsible for contributing to the development of departmental strategy. This role provides leadership to managers, and/or professional staff. This role is responsible for developing departmental plans, including business, production and/or organizational priorities.
This is a management role responsible for a team who facilitates Visa initiated change with processing endpoint clients, globally – coordinating Visa system changes and technology upgrades required to ensure the ongoing stability and integrity of the Visa payment system. This role serves as a leadership role working directly with the different Technology teams within Visa to prioritize needed client access change to ensure continued stability of their processing environment. This is a technical/functional specialist and works independently with guidance only in the most complex situations. This role requires Project Management skills as well as technology skills in networking, client-server environments and secure batch file processing services.
- Manage multiple technical Implementation Managers ensuring Visa mandated technology initiatives are successfully implemented, balancing project objectives and deliverables with client expectations
- Coordinate directly with team and internal stakeholders to understand endpoint network configuration requirements and facilitate necessary changes without customer impact.
- Manage non-routine, complex processing and change requests, as well as short-term tactical and strategic client initiatives.
- Act as the escalation for each Project Lead for various initiatives - both internal and external – ensuring Project Management best practices and skills are demonstrated consistently
- Provide support for Readiness Managers focused on Product enhancements that require a streamlined approach to file delivery or the deployment of new operating platforms within Visa that may impact clients (Example: Direct Exchange, EA Servers, Open VisaNet, Visa File Exchange Server, Cloud Endpoint Processing.)
- Proactively identify operational opportunities to increase service quality or efficiency.
- Build and enhance positive working relationships with key Visa internal stakeholders to understand the priority of initiatives and define an execution strategy with current resources
- Act as global liaison for Global Access Readiness related initiatives ensuring a single voice to Technology for planning and status updates
- Ensure detailed project plans, status reports, and issues logs are maintained to demonstrate progress within CS and Technology
- Ensure team consistently utilize and update MicroSoft Dynamics (CRM) to maintain project milestones and client communications.
- Ensure utilization of Ask Now (Change Management) to request services from Visa Technology teams in
- order to implement endpoint technology changes.
- Provide regular reporting on overall project accomplishments, challenges and deliverables.
- Represent client system and operational requirements to internal Visa organizations.
- Be responsible for coordinating team’s workload and tasks, taking the initiative to coach the team to resolve problems and meet deadlines.
- Create, update, and enhance internal support documents to assist internal and external stakeholders.
- Position will be global in scope, requiring occasional alternative work hours to accommodate time zones
- Provide ongoing coaching of staff, with a focus on advancing skill sets to become the best within the current role, but provide guidance on achieving goals beyond their roled.
Position can be based in our Ashburn, Atlanta or Miami offices.
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- Experience using standard MS Office tools (e.g. MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, etc.)
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Experience and expertise in implementing and supporting client-server network configurations in WAN/LAN environments.
- Solid understanding of WAN technologies with background in implementing network infrastructure changes to remote endpoint locations.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the following protocols TCP, FTPS-TLS, SFTP, HTTP, DNS, Etc.
- Solid understanding of cryptographic concepts and applied cryptography, including PKI, strong authentication, digital signatures.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the payment and data processing industries including industry trends and high-level business drivers.
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- 5 years’ management experience preferred
- Minimum of 8 years progressively responsible experience providing project management in a technical support or customer service role in the financial services, payment card, and software or information services industries.
- Applied knowledge of the 7-layer OSI Model and OSI Network Communication
- Working experience with BASE II Clearing & Settlement file transmissions as well as with PC Edit Package preferred.
- Working experience with Extended Access Servers (EAS) preferred.
- Excellent time management, organization, and planning skills are essential.
- Ability to comprehend and translate complex technical issues and apply to business solutions or processes into business language.
- Able to set priorities, influence others, and manage expectations.
- Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to achieve results as part of an effective team, effectively prioritize and multi-task under deadlines.
- Familiar with concepts, practices, and procedures in network processing
- Demonstrated understanding of the payment and data processing industries including industry trends and high-level business drivers
- Exhibit advanced planning, organizational and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated strong leadership capabilities
- Strong project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a complex organization to figure out business and customer needs, providing the best solution to meet those needs
Work hours: 8 hours - Regular Office hours
Travel: Position might require occasional travel for training or team meetings -
Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.