Marketing Manager, Indonesia
- Jakarta, Indonesia
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
This team is responsible for both consumer marketing and client marketing to drive Visa business in Indonesia.
What a Marketing Manager does at Visa:
The Marketing Manager will report to Head of Marketing Indonesia.
The Marketing Manager will be involved in all marketing initiatives in Indonesia but will mainly be responsible for building and strengthening Visa’s presence in the consumer and merchant marketing space. Working closely with his/her manager, the regional IPVMC (Indonesia, Philippines, Vietnam, Myanmar, Cambodia) segment Marketing teams, the Business Development teams and Visa Consulting teams, he/she will also contribute to develop and propose unique solutions that deliver growth for Visa and Visa’s clients and partners.
Brand, Solutions & Campaign Management
Work with Leadership team in Country as well as IPVMC Cluster Marketing Head to adapt global or regional marketing & product campaigns to serve local needs in driving revenue, building new solutions for clients and consumers.
- Contribute to the development of annual marketing strategy plan and budget
- Implement and execute local marketing plans for Indonesia market to achieve key business metrics based on country priorities, working collaboratively across functions
- Leverage & localize global and regional marketing assets in an effective and cost-efficient way
- Localize and activate sponsorship portfolio of global platforms including FIFA, Olympics and local partnerships.
- Evaluate effectiveness and communicate outcomes, learnings and best practice
- Analyze data on brand tracking, transactions and specific consumer, product and in-market research to build local marketing plans, performance evaluation and plan adjustment
- Work closely with promotional agency and Visa regional brand team to develop and execute Point of Sale merchandise planning
- Ensure plans are developed in close collaboration with AP hub marketing team and internal cross function teams, clearly aligned and effectively communicated to all stakeholders
- Work with IPVMC and AP hub Media Lead to plan and execute data and digital driven consumer communications plans for local consumer facing and client facing executions
- Manage Indonesia key social platform partners such as Facebook, Instagram and local country platforms with support from SEA Media and Digital Lead
- Manage forecasting and financial reporting
- Develop agency scope of work based on annual plans
- Drive excellence in project and operational management
- Provide regular status reports to Country and Cluster Marketing Head
- Contribute to marketing engagements for key clients and partners including client marketing strategy, planning, and execution of marketing initiatives and campaigns
- Communicate annual & quarterly marketing plans to clients with regular updates at formal meetings
- Implement and embed Visa’s Marketing Capabilities and Value Added Services for client marketing solutions
- Work extensively with local country cross-functional teams (i.e. Client Relationship, Merchant Sales and Acquiring, Product, Visa Consulting and Analytics), as well as the Asia Pacific regional client marketing team, to support client marketing planning development and execution
- Ensure strict adherence to process set by company’s policy
- Manage marketing budget through accurate forecasting
- Agency management including contract negotiation and quality of deliverables
Why this is important to Visa
Being successful in this role will help Visa to meaningfully connect with and add significant value through our solutions for consumers at different points of transaction throughout their day. This role will further Visa’s image of innovation, agility, and social responsibility within the communities we serve.
What you will need:
- A bachelor’s degree preferably in Business Management / Marketing or equivalent
- 8+ years of proven experience of related consumer or brand marketing management, top-tier Financial, Payments, Technology or eCommerce industry preferred
- A willingness to learn and passion for Visa’s business, technology innovation
- Proven experience in being part of integrated marketing campaign development process, support effective agency management process across creative, media, digital, and below the line activities
- A strong project management skills and analytical thinking
- A strong presentation, interpersonal and communication skills
- The proven ability to work with existing and new clients
- Experience working with global, complex, cross-functional projects and teams internally and externally
- An ability to operate effectively and efficiently in a challenging, fast-paced environment
- An eye for details
What will also help:
- Prior experience in banking and the cards business
Projects you will be a part of:
- Visa’s quality of visibility in market, from Out of Home to Visa’s brand’s presence at the point of sale with the goal to strategically and incrementally close the gap of awareness
- Visa’s social engagement campaigns thru digital touch points, local campaigns, and global campaigns like The Tokyo Olympics in 2020, FIFA
- Effective adoption of regional/ global content to fit local consumers’ taste, and local business objectives
- Key behaviour-change campaign on use of Visa’s convenient product solutions domestically, and internationally to address both local consumers and international tourists
- Actively involved in strategic partnership with key clients, merchants, and government partners to drive both implementation of Visa’s marketing strategy & business expansion