Senior IT Technical Support Analyst - Mac OS & Windows 10
- Munich, Germany
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of digital commerce on any device for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
If you think you could support Visa as a Senior Technical Support Analyst, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
Visa Corporate IT (CIT) group has embarked on a major transformation journey. We are transforming ourselves into a true engineering organisation where we put customer experience and end user support first. As part of this strategy, we are consolidating several of our Operational functions into a single area focused on providing world-class operational support to our end users. This change is geared towards rethinking how we provide Operational support for the services under our responsibility. As a member or the End User Systems Support team, the Sr. Workstation Technical Support Analyst will be responsible for providing support for the systems, services and tools utilised by Visa Inc.’s staff. The successful candidate will be a technically versed resource with excellent customer service skills.
The Sr. Technical Support Analyst provides hardware and software support to our workstations (both physical and virtual), mobile wireless devices, voice & video equipment, end user solutions like Office 365, and Endpoint security tools. The successful candidate will work with a dynamic and evolving global team charged with continuously improving the efficiency and effectiveness of support for our end user environment.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Consistently provide an exceptional, pleasant and courteous service to all End Users
- Provide 2nd level support for escalated workstation and mobile related issues and requests
- Be of a source of knowledge for less experienced technical analysts on the team
- Provide the day-to-day operational support for incidents, adds/moves/change for voice and video conferencing, and AV equipment and escalating to next level group when appropriate.
- Perform daily sweeps following defined procedures to ensure all conferencing equipment is functioning properly
- Effectively question end users to collect information and understand the issues they are experiencing, and perform diagnostic procedures to isolate and resolve the issues
- Interact with end users in person, via telephone, e-mail, IM/chat, and social tools, to provide technical support
- Prioritize incidents and complaints to ensure all SLOs are meet
- Maintain incident records and resolution detail utilizing ITSM Ticketing tool, Service Now
- Utilize all technical resources to solve customer problems
- Escalate or work in tangent with appropriate support specialists or support groups on unresolved issues
- Escalate hardware repairs to third party providers as needed
- Effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with management to express ideas in order to make informed decisions
- Installation of workstation, telephony, and mobile hardware/software as required
- Provision and prepare workstations using standard images
- Setup and install new workstations, loaners and other workstation related equipment
- Maintain 100% accuracy in the asset database of deployed assets, recording/updating as needed
- Work with other support groups such as network operations, in assisting in the resolution of incidents or maintenance activities
- Lead in creating knowledge articles and training to share with other agents/technicians on issues/problems and resolution
- Coach and train new team members
- Participates in service improvement meetings and works closely with engineering and other support groups on improving services and reducing incidents
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
Thinking about careers differently...
At Visa, we are passionate to offer our employees compelling career growth opportunities. As such, even if you do not have experience of this function there could be skills or experiences, which would transfer well. For this role, the key skills required are:
- Strong experience in providing exceptional customer service
- Mid-level relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or experience with an Advanced degree or no work experience with a PhD degree.
- Advanced level Networking connectivity knowledge and troubleshooting
- Advanced level experience in Installation, configuration, and support of local and LAN printers
- Proven track record in delivering customer service excellence
- Extensive experience as a technician supporting over 300 users with the following:
- Installation, configuration, and support of PC, Mac, telephony, mobile, and voice/video hardware/software
- Hands-on support for all operational aspects of voice, video and unified communications support including, but not limited to, assigning phones, assisting with meeting scheduling, etc.
- Supporting and troubleshooting Windows 10, MS Office 365 suite, OSX (current release and prior release), IOS, Android
- Excellent interpersonal skills:
- Ability to communicate effectively with wide variety of users, and technical teams
- Ability to support, and explain technical concepts to users at various levels of technical proficiency
- Effectively manage difficult or volatile situations
- Effective problem solving:
- Ability to effectively perform issue isolation and resolution in order to minimise downtime
- Ability to assess, analyse and research technical situations and provide viable alternatives
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedures, and OEM guides
- Ability to train, coach and mentor other team members
- Documentation and technical writing skills
- Ability to schedule and prioritise
- Ability to learn new technologies and procedures quickly
Travel Requirements: This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 10% of the time.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.