Senior Manager - Co-Brand and Merchant Partnership Development
- Dubai - United Arab Emirates
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Sr. Manager, Co-Brand and Merchant Partnership Development is responsible for the management of the assigned Co-brand client relationships, program implementation and refining the Visa Co-brand Go-to-market strategy for the Central and Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa (CEMEA) region. This role requires leadership, vision, and creativity to develop the Co-brand strategy, drive the expansion of Visa products and solutions, and lead the overall commercialization of Visa’s business development objectives.
This role will report directly to the CEMEA Head of Co-Brand and Merchant Partnership Development. This role will collaborate with teams from functions across Visa such as product, consulting & analytics, finance, merchant sales leaders, issuer account leaders, customer support, and marketing teams. Externally, this role will collaborate with executives at key merchants and issuing banks.
Key Work Outputs and Accountability
- Own and manage portfolio of the assigned Co-brand partnerships across the CEMEA markets. Identify new and ongoing requirements, introduce new products or services, and optimize Co-brand portfolios
- Lead the implementation of new Co-brand programs to successful commercialization
- Support day-to-day relationship and contract management for the assigned partners, expanding Visas reach with the partner across functional groups
- Support the development of strategic Co-brand deal constructs and proposals
- Conduct financial and business analysis of strategic opportunities for Visa capabilities that increases revenue for both parties through a deep understanding of the partners business and evolving industry context, including payment strategy and solution
- Develop tools and processes such as the tracking and delivery of commitments, Co-brand events, metric reporting, case studies, etc
- Partner with peers in other functional areas (e.g., marketing, analytics, risk, innovation) and across global regional teams to execute projects in ways that leverage the breadth and depth of Visa’s resources
Business / technical:
- Deep experience in payment products (i.e. credit cards, pre-paid, etc), fluent in Co-brand business development and/or program management best practices along with implications for issuers, networks, and merchants.
- Co-brand experience managing a Co-brand portfolio P&L; preferably across a variety of markets and relevant industries such as airline, retail, and ecommerce.
- Strong analytical skills and financial/portfolio modelling experience.
- Deep knowledge of payment economics and partnership structures with analytic orientation and viewpoint on emerging partnership trends.
- Well established relationship management skills with a deep sales orientation.
- Strong project management skills with demonstrated ability to follow through on strategies and deliver tangible business results.
- Demonstrated experience building and leveraging strong relationships within client organizations.
- Proven ability negotiating business agreements and ability to develop new business partnerships.
- Strong collaborator: The candidate must be an excellent collaborator and natural team player with strong influencing and interpersonal skills. The candidate will be having a desire to be a thought leader who can educate and inspire - both clients and teammates.
- Communicator: The candidate must have command of a typical set of productivity and communication tools including email, PowerPoint, data visualization, collaboration, and salesforce.com. The candidate must be detailed-minded and self-sufficient in business communications, client and public presentations, business proposals.
- Well-rounded leader: The successful candidate will be comfortable with Visa Leadership Principles, and capable of the expectations of growing as a leader as part of daily responsibilities. The Visa Leadership Principles are -
- Demonstrated ability to challenge the status quo and experience exploring transformational ideas from conceptualization to commercialization.
- Strong executive presence and exceptional communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred