Senior Software Engineer – Blockchain Technologies (Visa Crypto Program)
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Visa's Digital Developer Platform (DDP) team is building the next generation of products to facilitate commerce in everyone's digital and mobile lives. Our focus is to build intuitive features that expose profound new value for our customers. We are hiring for an experienced Software Engineer who is a proficient programmer and passionate about crypto currencies and blockchain technologies.
- Be a member of a highly skilled team seeking systematic approaches to improve engineering productivity, efficiency, effectiveness, and quality of software
- Write good quality code across various programming languages, especially blockchain smart contracts
- Apply various test methodologies to validate system resilience and availability through high volume use-cases
- A Bitcoin, Ethereum, and stablecoin enthusiast! Identify value propositions and challenges of blockchain technologies and protocols to propose and implement secure, efficient and scalable De-FI apps
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- 3+ years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- Good backend programming experience using either Java or Golang
- Experience building scalable, high-performing distributed systems including APIs, orchestration layers, 3rd party integrations, monitoring & alerts, and high availability
- Experience in the entire Secure Software Development Life cycle including version control, CI/CD, unit-testing and performance testing
- Strong experience in building solutions using blockchain technologies, security protocols and key custody
- Strong experience in working with both public and permissioned blockchain technologies and distributed ledgers – Bitcoin, Ethereum, Hyperledger etc.
- Motivated and fast learner of new technologies to solve complex problems
- Experience in payments and financial services compliance, payments ecosystems and payment processing flows
- Good understanding of Blockchain, DeFi, and central bank digital currency ecosystems
- Good understanding of 2nd layer scaling solutions (Lightning Network), and experience authoring smart contracts to tokenize fiat currencies (Solidity, Rust, Move or other competing technologies)
- Full-stack software development experience
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation, and leadership skills along with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills and the ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise way; ability to influence and develop relationships with key partners
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.