Treasury Manager, Solutions Design and Settlement Operations
- 900 Metro Center Blvd., Foster City, CA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Treasury team at Visa has operations located around the globe that support critical functions for the business including the daily settlement of all Visa transactions globally. The Treasury department is also responsible for the management of corporate cash and investments, foreign exchange risk management, capital structure, insurance, and settlement of payment transactions worldwide.
This manager will be responsible for a wide range of tasks related to designing and implementing Treasury solutions for emerging products. This role will be primarily focused on addressing unique and complex issues related to the commercialization of products such as B2B Connect and Visa Direct that entail global payments among businesses and consumers. This candidate will be required to apply specialized global payments industry knowledge to design product specific settlement systems and operating procedures. Providing Treasury expertise, this Manager will engage with cross-functional teams, particularly Product and Technology, to develop and commercialize service offerings.
Additionally, this role will collaborate with the Settlement Operations team to achieve operational excellence via:
Identifying and implementing process improvements,
Maintaining and strengthening process controls, and
Generating analysis and reports to facilitate product management.
The ideal candidate should possess a background in correspondent banking and back office operations including specific knowledge of cross-border payments. The candidate should enjoy solving challenging problems affecting settlement of payment transactions in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment. This Manager will be part of a small team with wide-ranging responsibilities that will continue to evolve. As such, the candidate must be flexible and adept at demonstrating strategic thinking such as designing solutions to support product innovations and partnering with cross-functional teams to convey technical specifications in the formulation of go-to-market plans. As our payment platforms evolve to meet client needs, the successful candidate will have an opportunity to expand her/his leadership responsibilities.
NOTE: This position is based in Foster City, CA and not providing relocation assistance
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g., Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- Ideal candidate is a payments subject matter expert, with intimate understanding of global settlement transaction flows and various global solutions including SWIFT, low value clearing networks (e.g., ACH, SEPA), Real-time payments and cross-border payments.
- Graduate degree and/or achievement of Certified Treasury Professional certification is a plus
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a Finance or Operations role, preferably in the Banking or Payments industry
- Understanding of global foreign exchange
- Experience in prioritizing, planning, and completing work within tight time constraints; may include work outside of normal business hours to meet a critical product or production deadline
- Demonstrated capacity to pro-actively liaise with other functional areas to achieve optimal design results
- Experience leading an operations team to effectively support product and clients’ needs; setting goals to guide operations team(s) to achieve targeted objectives
- Experience with or understanding of bank account management across various regions (e.g., New York, London, Singapore, and Hong Kong)
- Solid comprehension of key control environment requirements and experience with various audits (e.g., internal, external, SOX, SSAE16).
- Evaluate and make design recommendations for best practices and improvements to operational processes pertaining to Treasury
- Exhibit the ability to collaborate, establish and maintain relationships with cross-functional teams within Visa including: Client Services, Product, Technology and external providers
- Experience in leading, influencing, and supporting cross-functional stakeholders while navigating complex, perhaps ambiguous, subjects with ease and diplomacy
- Excellent written and analytical skills with demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft applications (i.e., Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, and Visio). Ability to communicate concepts through diagrams of processes and system flows
- Coordinate coverage with team members during time-off and holiday periods. Ability to work outside of daily location work hours as needed.
- This position requires up to 10% travel
- This position will be performed remotely or in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.