Senior Product Manager - Customer Success, Tap to Phone
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Visa operates the world's largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities.
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, deferred debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa's card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure, convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in 170 countries and territories.
Primary Job Responsibilities: Visa's Global Buyer and Seller Solutions – Connected Commerce team is looking for a highly motivated and experienced Principal Product manager. The Principal Product Manager will be responsible for product growth and maximizing customer success. The data informed role will enhance a product roadmap and drive the delivery of phone based acceptance that support the strategy. This will be a broad-reaching management role so organizational savvy, interpersonal and negotiation skills are critical as he/she will interface with all areas of Visa.
The Senior Product Manager’s primary responsibility is to deliver products and solutions, leveraging software based technologies, that deliver delightful experiences for the entire ecosystem i.e., sellers, buyers, issuers, acquirers and technology platforms with focus on fit for purpose across developed and emerging markets with a targeted focus on the SME segment and net new verticals. In this role, the Senior Product Manager will partner with the Core Platform, Merchant Payments Platform, Strategic Partner Solutions, Regional Commercialization, Global Go To Market teams and senior leadership in order to delivery on the teams objectives with on focus on defining and delivering on key results.
This position interacts with many cross-functional stakeholders, including various Technology teams, CSS, Analytics, and business function leads. This role is global and will need to balance regional and global opportunities to achieve overall platform objectives. Accomplishing this will require a nuanced ability to influence and collaborate across a complex and highly matrixed organization. This position will report to a senior leader within the Connected Commerce team.
· Represent the voice of the customer to internal stakeholders; a natural design thinker that can synthesize requirements into a common set of platform and services capabilities, writing very clear, thorough and detailed user stories and requirements for complex features and product sets.
· Liaise with other business units, product managers, engineering and other applicable groups to ensure flawless execution by building toolkits, guides and best practice blueprints.
· Strong desire to lead and effectively manage business problems through hands on trouble shooting and analysis, essential for key global projects/programs related to Tap to Phone
· Lead technical discussions with a high level of independence including EMV and application requirements, customer experience and security
· Provide status, action plan and recommendations to senior leadership on an ongoing basis
· An independent thinker with a great eye for detail that has an innovative approach and a deep appreciation of market needs
· Application of project management best practice to provide guidance to stakeholders
· A team player that can bridge the gap between business and technology while effectively collaborating with various teams across Visa globally
· Enable development of the core platform along with feature sets spanning the end-to-end payments lifecycle
· Closely work with Global teams to set priorities and track product development progress
- 5 years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD
- 6+ years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 4 +years of relevant experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or up to 3 years of relevant experience with a PhD
- 5+ years of payment processing technology experience is required, preferably in cards payment processing
- General understanding of APIs and services is a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently with strong time management and ability to execute on multiple concurrent deliverables
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills
- Open minded approach, and a positive attitude
Must be available to support global time zones
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.