Senior Systems Analyst - SRE - Core Java
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
- Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) responsibilities as part of Product Reliability Engineering (PRE) Organization of VISA : You will be responsible for availability, latency, performance, efficiency, change management, monitoring, emergency response, and capacity planning. In this role, split your time between operations/on-call duties and developing systems and software that help increase site reliability and performance. Site reliability engineering (SRE) fuses the software engineering and operations disciplines
- Use software as a tool to manage systems, solve problems, and automate operations tasks
- Standardization and Automation are 2 Important components of Job Responsibility
- Expectation is to spend about half of time in development tasks and half on operations tasks.
- Availability, Latency, Performance, Efficiency,
- Change Management, Incident Management, Problem Management
- Monitoring, Emergency response
- Capacity planning
- Root Cause Analysis
- Run Problem bridges/SWAT Calls by collaborating with others from different functional and technical areas and escalating as needed to resolve problems in a timely manner.
Job holder must have flexibility to work in shifts and during weekends and extended hours when needed
A Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science or a relevant degree in engineering or science is required
- 8+ years of Hand on Experienced in Core Java, J2EE, Spring, REST, AngularJS
- Hands on experience on DB2, MySQL, or equivalent database. Ability to understand and write complex Database queries.
- Should have BASH or equivalent scripting knowledge.
- Knowledge on Go language is plus
- Experience with big data technologies is plus
- Ability to analyze thread dumps, garbage collection and other related JVM components.
- Ability to solve complex production problems and debug code.
- Good understanding of infrastructure components like Linux Operating/ Systems, Virtual Machines, MQ, Storage etc.
- Understanding of networking concepts and protocols such as Firewalls, Load Balancer, DNS, HTTP, TCP/IP, SSL, TLS, Certificates
- Experience on performance monitoring tools like Opnet, log analysis/alerting tools such as Splunk or equivalent will be advantageous.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.