Lead Technical Program Manager
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Real-Time Experience (RTX) is a new strategic initiative at Visa, focused on building the next generation payment capabilities connecting, individuals and businesses with banks, fin-tech players, countries and regions with the flexibility to use a variety of payment instruments.
Part of the broader Digital and Developer Platform organization, the RTX team is looking to hire the best and brightest technologists with ambition and drive to build the next generation of payment network that would further extend the reach and scale of Visa’s payment network. This is once in a lifetime opportunity and you feel excited about joining and leading the revolution.
We are looking for an experienced Program manager (Director level) to combine successful software development process experience with effective collaboration, facilitation, leadership, and technical skills. Reporting into the Senior. Director - PMO, this role will be responsible for end-to-end development and implementation of assigned projects and scrum teams. The Project Manager will be accountable for timely and high quality execution and delivery from original concept through final implementation. This position requires working with teams that follow Agile practices as well as traditional methodologies.
- Coordinate and facilitate program and project activities such as planning, analysis, execution, and post-implementation support
- Develop integrated plans and schedules to track development progress and dependencies with other functions and external parties
- Drive the execution of deliverables across multiple teams and functions
- Coordinate work for geographically distributed scrum teams utilizing Agile/Scrum/Lean principles and practices
- Proactively identify and mitigate risks and issues, dependencies and impacts
- Provide timely and accurate reporting on program progress to all stakeholders
- Implement metrics to monitor team velocity and leverage tools like burn downs and capacity modeling to ensure the teams are productive and efficient
- Guide the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and principles
- Coach and mentor other program managers
- Work with product owners to develop product roadmaps which align to business objectives and resource availability
- Work with subject matter experts to define scope, create estimates, develop budgets, and produce documentation needed for funding approvals
- Interact confidently and collaborate with various stakeholders including Management, Product teams, developers, architects, operation and security teams
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts by providing input into a framework for program management aligned with modern agile, lean and design thinking practices
- Prior hands on experience in a product development environment leveraging Agile practices.
- Expert Knowledge of project management principles and Agile development methodologies
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to negotiate priorities across organizations as required
- Ability to plan and prioritize multiple tasks effectively
- Ability to independently drive projects through to completion
- Meticulous follow-up and follow-through of issues and actions to drive them to closure in a timely manner
- Experience working with external third party vendors and integration partners
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work well with other departments and varying levels of management. Must possess the ability to dive deep into technical details with project teams and zoom out to understand and communicate the big picture.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- 10+ years of technical program management experience, working with engineering teams to develop Enterprise class software (project teams of 25+, budgets of $5M+)
- Demonstrated understanding of modern software development and infrastructure tools, processes and practices, including Agile software development
- Expert knowledge of Project Management and SDLC principles and practices and agile frameworks. Hands on experience managing software development processes.
- Payment domain or FinTech experience is a major plus
- Excellent analytical skills and enthusiastic problem solver
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.