Senior Director, Regional Fintech Partnerships - Asia Pacific
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
What a Fintech Partnerships Lead does at Visa:
Our Fintech Partnerships Leads are responsible for executing partnership agreements, and managing all related deliverables related to the partnership. These activities are typically highly complex, strategic, and cross-functional in nature
You and your team will own these relationships from end-to-end: from the commercial to the operational, and work closely with a range of stakeholders across Visa including Product, Merchant Sales, Processing, CyberSource, Risk, Finance, and Marketing. Additionally, the Senior Director will oversee a team of 4 account managers (Director, Manager and Analyst level positions) responsible for the day-to-day execution of account plan activities.
Why this is important to Visa
Our regional fintech partners are at the forefront of the way in which we make the future of payments a reality. These partners are some of the most well know, highest growth digital brands in the Asia Pacific region, and you will be working closely with them to support their growth and innovation agenda, while growing Visa’s share of payments.
What you will need:
- You will need 15 years relevant industry experience within business development or account management professional and 13+ years of progressive experience in the fintech sector. Importantly, you will come with instant credibility in dealing with fintech partners.
- You will be operating across all levels of Visa our partners, so need to be able to comfortably deal with the C-suite and operational teams.
- You will have demonstrated program management proficiency and be able to point to specific examples where you have led commercial opportunities end-to-end with business partners.
- You will be highly numerate and be comfortable developing commercial partnership business cases.
- You will be solutions-orientated and technically proficient – particularly with respect to the payment’s domain. Our partners expect payments expertise.
What will also help:
- We are looking for someone with a minimum of 10+ years of progressive experience in the sector, with related business development or strategy consulting roles
- Outstanding executive communications skills as a spokesperson for fintech, innovation & strategic partnerships within Visa and across the industry
- Strategic, analytical thinker who consistently challenges the status quo and constructively challenges the team to aim for higher ground; change agent
- Vision and passion for our business, with high energy and intelligence
- Structured in your approach, with a high attention to detail and quality on both internal team work and external products brought to market
- Hands-on, entrepreneurial and nimble, while also able to navigate a globally matrixed environment
- Experienced team leader who can point to examples of where they have developed high performing team members
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the evolving visa/travel restrictions in place, we are currently only able to extend offers to candidates with the right to work in Singapore. We are keeping the situation under close review and will adjust accordingly should the restrictive measures be lifted.